Toyota has revealed first design details of two new battery electric vehicle concepts that will make their debut at the Japan Mobility Show in Tokyo (26 October – 5 November)
The SUV-type FT-3e and the sporty FT-Se demonstrate how electrification and intelligence will transform the future and offer customers new experiences. Toyota believes that future mobility will go beyond providing physical transportation tools to become a lifestyle partner closely aligned with each customer’s personal values.
Together with highly responsive controls and captivating designs that are unique to BEVs, these models will evolve into one-of-a-kind vehicles that owners will cherish. They will offer the pleasure of a personal, customised ride and convenience functions such as the ability to browse local area information while on board.
Further details of both concepts will be announced shortly.
FT-3e main features and design
- A next generation BEV concept that will offer new driving experiences and personalised services, powered by innovative technologies.
- A vehicle that contributes to achieving carbon neutrality and creating a better world by connecting to society as a transfer medium for energy and data from itself and its surroundings.
- An exterior design that combines advanced styling and aesthetics, while keeping body lines and surfaces as simple as possible.
- Digital displays extending from the lower side of the body to the upper door section present information, including battery state of charge and interior temperature and air quality, when the driver approaches the car.
FT-Se main features and design
- A high-performance sports BEV model proposed as one of the options for sports cars in the carbon-neutral era, incorporating experience gained from Toyota Gazoo Racing’s efforts to make ever-better cars through motorsports.
- Pursuing further handling stability and aerodynamic performance, the FT-Se shares major components with the FT-3e. Toyota set out to create a car that will grow with the driver through software updates.
- Wide and low proportions and a sleek, cutting-edge silhouette reduce aerodynamic drag.
- A next generation cockpit features intuitive controls and contributes to a more immersive driving experience.
- A low instrument panel profile ensures high visibility for the driver. New-design kneepads protect the body from G-forces.