Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P1250

hondas127

hi my 2003 rav keeps stopping and bringing up this code P1250 but it only says turbo system malfunction , its only seems to happen when reving between 2 -3k revs in 4th but mostly 5th gear, anyone any idea what could be the problem , cheers

hi my 2003 rav keeps stopping and bringing up this code P1250 but it only says turbo system malfunction , its only seems to happen when reving between 2 -3k revs in 4th but mostly 5th gear, anyone any idea what could be the problem , cheers

Sorry

Hi there.

I am in far from an expert on the topic, but I think that code may well be connected to SCV-s.

Have a look at this link.

Hope that helps...

And also I hope you don't mind some friendly advice: I know the search is not ideal, but try to bear with it and do a few searches before posting a question in the future. You'll get better responses from the guys here if they don't have to answer the same questions all the time.

.......and that was what I suggested to you before I went to work on Friday;

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118022&view=findpost&p=1063235

....in the other thread that was running on this subject;

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118022&view=findpost&p=1062692

These DTC codes don't always take you right to the problem. P1251 is turbo overboost and P1250 doesn't exist. However, they tend to be grouped together in terms of problem areas or symptoms. In any case one area could effect another so fuel pressure symptoms might cause a blip in turbo pressure. In this case you have to go off the best bet - in this case you can choose - a pair of SCVs at just over £200 or a turbo at about £1500. There are no guarantees but as the SCVs are often suspect they take no harm being changed and as Abraxas has demonstrated they can cure P1251 errors. If the code starts with a P it is a powertrain issue (engine/transmission). If the first number is a zero it is generic (applies to any make of vehicle). If it starts with a 1 it is vehicle manufacturer specific and should be listed by that manufacturer. Sometimes thay are not listed although may exist if read with Toyota equipment but a generic fault code reader may only be able to read group numbers so for a P1251 code it might read P1250.

Your options are simple. Take it to Toyota who will just "set to" and waste no time in changing every possible code associated component OR go for the most obvious starting point. Its up to you.

cheers lads and thanks for your patience anchorman i dnt think its the turbo as i can rev engine out in 1 2 3 gears and light never comes on so il try scv,s

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links