Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Folding Mirrors / Foot Light / Coming Home Light Function Ect...

ghosterror

hey everybody,

As you all can see in the body of this topic, I am going to make some extra usefull modifications on my T27 tourer.

But first things first.

As everything starts in the electronic world with the correct signals/wires, I am looking for some specific signals/wires:

12v permanent

12V ACC

12V illumination

and of course : ground.

For the moment I know where I can find 3 of the 4 wires : the lighter socket :-) (12V acc/illumination/ground).

The only one that I have troubels with is a permanent 12v ( OK, I have found a permanent 12V in the dashboard... but it is a 140A!!! unfused = No way to use for me )

Is there somebody who has a idee where I can find a +12V permanent wire ( +/-20A fused would be perfect ) ?

As my first project will be the auto folding mirrors, I will need a couple more signal wires :

-door lock

-door unlock

-mirror fold

-mirror unfold.

The good thing is that I already have found these wires :-).

The end-goal is to make a picture "how to do" version , so everyone who wants to make the same modification will have a 'easy' to follow guide.

So I somebody has electric circuit diagram ect for the avensis T27 ( year 2010 ) that can help, please let me know ;-).

Best regards,

Peter

( sorry 4 me english , I'm belgian ;-) )

There's no reason why you can't run a new feed from the Battery ... just include an in-line fuse of your choice

I know, but I prefer to use already installed wires. So I don't have to go true the car's firewall. And there must be somewere in the dash a wire perfectly suited for the task ;-).

Also I did find a 30A fused wire made for the seatheaters... But I don't have heated seat, maybe this could be a perfect solution. I just have to figure out where the wire is. electric adjustment of the driver seat.

Regards, Peter

id take it from Battery or engine bay fuse/relay board and make it tidy as tapping off wires can be picked up from vehicle control modules or ecu as alot of the systems on the car are monitored for resistance in the line and you can easily mess up canbus bus line resistances

trial and error i suppose

your stereo must need a permanent Battery voltage for the memory but stereos are now becoming pretty integral with some vehicle systems nowadays

key switch and some fuses i.e alarm, central locking , interior light, boot light etc( even unused empty locations have permanent Battery voltage) but again trial and error to see if it brings on any fault codes and that the wiring is of suitable guage for your demands.

ive also taken feeds from heater motors and wipers that have switched negatives . but thats older european stuff and this might not apply

as for the 140 amp unfused wire behind the dash your talking about

how do you know its 140 amp?

or have you got info from wiring diagrams?

if your able to tapp off from it by using an inline fuse and suitable wirng it can be rated almost anything you wish it to be

Hey robster,

Yes I already have a lot of official wiring diagrams and other technical information from Toyota. BTW they have a fantastic ( not for free, but 4€/h is cheap ) technical site where you can download everthing you need (small ex. added)

The permanent 12v from the stereo is not strong enough for what I need. I found the perfect wire : 12V / 30A which go to the electonic adjustment of the drivers seat :-).

Trail and error is not a option for me. Before I apply a modification every detail must be studied. I use to be a electronics engineer for the belgian airforce ;-) so my backgroud is pretty good to 'play' with wiring and electronics.

Regards,

P

Muli elec sys.pdf

• Like 1

thanks cool

good to know if i get any problems

toyota or most jap mfrs diagrams are very easy to read

especially when i worked for tmh for 5 years and now work for mitsubishi

better than german diagrams i used to get flicking back and forth through pages via wiring dead end at end of page to grid reference for another page and plot with very busy pages you had to follow with different coloured pencils etc.

well ill try not digress any more.

hope the project comes good

here is the diagram were I found that 140A wire... this is bassicly the whole power circuit.

regards,

Peter

power source.pdf

• 1 year later...

Sorry to hi-jack an old thread but do you know if all Avensis were pre-wired for folding mirrors? My 2008 Avensis D4D T2 doesnt have powered folding mirrors so I'm hoping to fit them - I'm planning on buying 2 new mirrors and the switch but I'm not sure if I'll need to replace the loom in the doors etc?

Any ideas?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links