Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2013 Headlights ?

steady eddy

Your owners manual will have this info. If it is anything like the generation 1 owners manual, in the index under lighting, there is a section 'Wattage' - it tells you what bulb size each light requires. For example the generation 1 used H11 for the low beam and HM3 for the high beam.

Its hir2 bulbs. Its better than most halogen bulbs out there but still gives you a yellow light. Me too have tried changing it to a.whiter bulb which is hb4/9006 bulbs but for me the hir2 gives more light. Been thinking of going to an aftermarket HID kit but still thinking whether the lens will be able to manage it and where to put the ballast

Thanks for the replies at the moment I'm on holiday so don't have my manual to hand

• 2 weeks later...

can someone please confirm that the uk models have this type of connecter as pictured . I am in the US and have found these just need to know if thdy will fit a uk car

post-133900-0-12073500-1379632888_thumb.

• 1 month later...

edit:

Found my own answers. 9012 is the model / socket number for the new Auris halogens (HIR2). The xenon fitted models have D4S bulbs.

If you want whiter light, the philips HIR2 / 9012LL are allegedly a bit whiter but for all I know at the moment the car might already have Philips bulbs in it.

Have come to the conclusion that after market HIDs are ******* and not worth bothering with. Might not work too well behind the lens either, or attract a lot of unwanted attention. It'd be interesting to know how much Toyota would charge to fit their own xenon kit from the high spec cars.

^ As for the 9006 in 9012 sockets, having read around a bit I don't think you need to trim any tabs. The 9012 has a longer slot/bigger tab than the 9006, so the 9006 should just fit in I think?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links