Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2 D4D Engine Warranty Urgent Help Please!

Matthew7

Dear all,

Urgent help needed please!!

My Auris 2 D4D, had problems recently, heater not working, coolant level low etc. Took it to local garage and give me a quote of £1500 estimate of repair, including changing radiator, head gasket and water pump. I've been reading in this forum about similar problems and that some drivers have been successful in claiming all or part of their bills from Toyota. There are reports on this forum that Toyota had extended its warranty on Toyota engine for upto 7 years or 112K or 107K.

My car is 103k mileage and about to be 7 years in March 14. It has full service history/partly Toyota.

I greatly appreciate if someone could help me by providing me with hard evidence or link to this warranty, which I could use when I contact Toyota, as I haven't done that yet. I couldn't find anything on this on their website.

Again, I greatly appreciate this help, as I need to repair the car as soon as possible.

Look at the following topic http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/132178-charliefarlies-guide-to-the-toyota-2ad-diesel-engine-and-its-issues/

If you print the first post, this mentions the Toyota guidelines - "AD Engine Out of Warranty Guidelines (0730J)" - and take the print out with you to the dealer.

just take the service book into the dealer and explain that you have an overheating issue and can they do the test to see if the head gasket has gone. As long as the car has the service every year or 10k you should be fine.

Alex

Thank you Frostyballs,

This is really helpful. I have one more question though. The Bulletin talks about the oil consumption test, of retesting after 1000 miles. I won't be able to do that. The car is currently at a local garage and was advised to drive it for only short distance to avoid damaging the cylinders. Could you please give any advice on how to approach Toyota. I'm worried that I might tow it for around 7 miles to the nearest dealer, pay for their diagnostic, only to be told that it doesn't qualify for the scheme.

The only symptoms I had was very low coolant level and blown coolant tank. The garage discovered as well that the radiator is damaged.

Thanks Alex for the tip. The problem that I can't drive the car to the dealer. Will they be happy with the local garage diagnostics? They'd want to do their own. My worry that they could refuse to honour this warranty for various reasons.

They will need to do their own diagnostics on the vehicle. Do you have a full history? If so give the local dealer a call and ask to speak to the service manager. Explain the situation about the header tank, I'm going to guess you have white marks on the engine cover as well just on the bottom left corner?

Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links