Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Change Your Cabin Filter - For Novices.

Joseph D

This was asked in another post, but as it was off-topic I decided to start a new thread.

I could not find videos that show RHD vehicles, but the procedure is almost the same, more or less a mirror image.

I can only vouch for the Gen II as that is what I have and have changed the filter on that.

For the Gen II look at this video:

Change cabin filter - Prius Gen II

The only major difference I can see (apart from the glove box location ;)), is that the dampener connector is on the left side of the glovebox door. Pretty much a mirror image.

Here is a video for the Gen III:

Change cabin filter - Gen III:

As I said I can't say what the differences will be for a RHD Prius, but I'm sure those that know will chip in.

As you can see, the overall procedure is almost the same for both generations and is very easy for the owner to do themselves. For the cost of a replacement filter, you can save quite a bit doing it yourselves and it is so easy. After the first time, you can probably do it in 2 mins flat.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

It is easy BUT be very careful when removing the bracket from the side of the glove box - it looks like it could break easy.

It is easy BUT be very careful when removing the bracket from the side of the glove box - it looks like it could break easy.

It's more sturdy than it looks, but taking care removing the damper arm would be prudent so a 2 minute job does not turn into a two hour job.

It's more sturdy than it looks, but taking care removing the damper arm would be prudent so a 2 minute job does not turn into a two hour job.

That's the part I meant. If it breaks or drops off, it could be a tricky job.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links