Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need A T50 Rwd Gearbox

samanker

I need a spare Toyota T50 5 speed gearbox from an early (70 - 78) RWD Celica 1600 ST; this gearbox was also fitted to a number of other Toyota vehicles e.g. Corolla 1600 RWD, etc. It doesn't have to be in perfect condition, but it does need to be rebuildable

These seem to be as rare as hen's teeth nowadays. Anyone got any suggestions where I could find one in the UK or anyone got one they want to sell me?

i have one outa celica ta40 scrapped the car about 5 years ago & the box was good with no whines, interested?

i have one outa celica ta40 scrapped the car about 5 years ago & the box was good with no whines, interested?

Forgive my ignorance but what is a TA40? Assuming this is a 1600ST RWD, then I'm interested...how much do you want for it?

Celica ta40 is second gen 1600rwd, would have to get £100 for it as they are pretty rare

Celica ta40 is second gen 1600rwd, would have to get £100 for it as they are pretty rare

Well thanks for that information - definitely interested. Do you (or anyone else) know if it will fit a TA22 / 23 Celica? I'm lead to believe that the gear shift lever is in a different position....is this correct? Are there any other interchangability issues?

Hi i can take pics of it & the ta23 5 speed together for you if you are really interested, i have the drive shaft to suit somewhere.

Hi i can take pics of it & the ta23 5 speed together for you if you are really interested, i have the drive shaft to suit somewhere.

Yeah that'd be great if you could - thanks!

here are some pics as you can see the boxes are the same, ta40 box is the one with the crossmember, let me know as i can have it ready for courier collection from postcode BT34 1Bn, i have the gear stick.

Picture38.jpg

Picture37-2.jpg

Yeah that'd be great if you could - thanks!

Nice one - thanks for all your efforts. I'll take it - get me a price for the courier & if you give me a call I'll get your bank details so that I can transfer money directly into your account.

My phone number is:-

024 76 407066

Cheers,

Sam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, this is a very long shot but i dont suppose you still have this gearbox lying around? I cant work out how to send a PM on this forum! Andy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links