Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Bluetooth Parrot

Neil.1234

• 3 weeks later...

What do you need to know? I have fitted a CK3000 to my 2004 Avensis.

I just had to remove the stereo, fit the ISO adapter(plug), fit the parrot loom (plug) then plug all back in. Then route the mic up the windscreen pillar and across to the mirror area, and that was it.

Hi, i have been looking to fit a Parrot RK8200 - its all in one system with bluetooth, ipod etc to my avensis 2002. The release date for this system is 23 june 08 once i get i will let you know how i get on...

• 2 weeks later...

No, not in the trade at all. I'm ok with a spanner, but if you can swap a radio in a car, you can fit a Parrot kit easily.

Apart from removing stereo (which there are some good posts on here showing how to do it) it's just unplugging the cable, putting the parrot cables in line and plugging them all together again.

• 1 year later...
No, not in the trade at all. I'm ok with a spanner, but if you can swap a radio in a car, you can fit a Parrot kit easily.

Apart from removing stereo (which there are some good posts on here showing how to do it) it's just unplugging the cable, putting the parrot cables in line and plugging them all together again.

Hi Luke.

I've got the Mki9000, which allows me to play my iPhone through the Parrot device. Two questions, if I may:

1) How do you make anything stick to the waxy dash? I'm finding it impossible!

2) Where did you run your cables to? I don't know if the version you have supports the iPod but it probably had some kind of line-in capability. The way I have the cable now (loose in the cabin) just looks half-finished but I'm loathe to go cutting bits of trim.

Thanks!

• 4 years later...

What do you need to know? I have fitted a CK3000 to my 2004 Avensis.

I just had to remove the stereo, fit the ISO adapter(plug), fit the parrot loom (plug) then plug all back in. Then route the mic up the windscreen pillar and across to the mirror area, and that was it.

Where did you put the mute wire?

I fitted a Parrot 3100 to various cars including two Avensis T25's. You don't need to connect the mute wire as the Parrot mutes the stereo automatically. I believe the mute wire is used so that the stereo can pause a cd while on the phone, but I never figured out if the Avensis stereo had the cabability for it, and never connected it.

How do you fasten the keyboard?

How do you fasten the keyboard?

I fitted the screen under the vent at the right side of the dash. I used double sided sticky pads for the first kit I fitted but it was always a bit wobbly so the second time I fitted one I made a bracket which jammed in behind the removable trim piece, still below the vent. IIRC I used a square piece of thin tin (like the lid from a cigarette tin), cut it so that it jammed behind the trim panel, screwed the screen to it and jammed it back in.

Alternatively there's specific brackets you can buy for fitting at the side of the dash, but the ones I found were expensive...

http://www.dashmount.co.uk/index.php/vmchk/Dashmount-Brackets/Toyota.html

Just noticed you have other/non UK in your profile so to clarify I mean the outer vent, between the steering wheel and the drivers door.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links