Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Ts-3 (2003) Stereo And Sat Nav Power Issue

Muarrif

:(

I recently removed the Parrot blue-tooth hands free system from the car. In the process I may have pulled a cable or shorted something.

Stereo/radio and Sat-Nav are completely powered off. I have re-opened and checked the connections and all seems ok. I have checked the fuses and they are all ok too.

Any pointers and help would be much appreciated.

I am looking to install the new pioneer system in the car but before I do that I need to ensure that at least the power is all OK.

Surely some techies out there

Have you checked both radio fuses one is behind the glove box the other is in the lower panel on the drivers side.

Checked the fuses in the glove compartment but couldn't find one on driver side. Are you sure there is one on driver side? There is one under the bonnet but that only has selected few.

Also checked the Battery terminal voltage:

Engine switched off (12.4V)

Engine switched on (14V)

Any other suggestions?

Hi Greg thanks for your help. I finally located the fuse panel under the steering column by the badels and it was the 15A Audio/Display fuse in blue that had blown. Replaced and all back up and running. Tahnks once again for all your help.

no problem glad to be of help, had the circuit diagrams and fuse box locations to hand.

• 1 month later...
no problem glad to be of help, had the circuit diagrams and fuse box locations to hand.

Hi

I have just acquired a 2004 SILVER TOYOTA AVENSIS T3-S D4-D ESTATE and have problems with the sat nav and audio system. I have found the fuse box behind the glove compartment plus the other fuse panels under the bonnet. The panel on the driver’s side has no fuse mountings behind. All fuses I have checked seem o/k Am I missing something

Thanks for anyone’s help

Hi,

The fuse panel definately exists. I had the same problem.

• With the car parcked somewhere safe driver door away from road.
  • What you need to do is move the driver seat all the way back.
  • from the driver door get you head in adjacent to padels while kneeling on the floor (this is not a joke)
  • and look up towards the steering column (towards the right) maybe with a tourch
  • Once you have located the fuse panel under the steering column by the padels
  • Check and replace the 15A Audio/Display fuse in blue that is probably blown

I think its the 3rd one from the relay (also counting the empty socket)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links