Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Satnav Help!

nzavensis

Hi Everyone , I'm a newbie. I live in New Zealand and have just bought a used 2003 Avensis 2.0vvti from a Toyota dealer. Problem being is that it is an imported car from japan, therefore my satnav screen & remote control is in japanese text. I am led to believe that it can be changed to english, but have been advised by Toyota NZ that they are unable to help me (even though they imported the car themselves). I don't have a user manual for the satnav either. I believe I have the TNS300 system from reading the topics on this site. Is there anybody out there that can help me change my screen display to english and be able to advise where I can obtain a users manual for the satnav? I have tried various places in NZ but have had no luck at all. Thanks

i would help but i have the tns700. have you tried searching on google for the manual?

i would help but i have the tns700. have you tried searching on google for the manual?

I have spent around 50 hours searching through google, landing up with dead end sites, or s*x sites! Would anyone know of a site where I can obtain a manual? Thanks for your reply.

Hi, I have a 2004 T3 Spirit Tourer, and I have no idea which model Sat Nav system is fitted or how I would be able to tell ?

The only language options on screen at start up are English-German-French-Italian-Dutch-Spanish-Swedish and Danish but no Japanese !!

PS please excuse the earlier reply ( ie indent indent ) !!

could you download an english version of the cd and try and see if the other options are available. the only other thing to do would be to take a photo of the screen and i will see if someone at work can translate it for you.

could you download an english version of the cd and try and see if the other options are available. the only other thing to do would be to take a photo of the screen and i will see if someone at work can translate it for you.

Hi matty2767, thanks for the help. So far been unsuccessful in finding a english download site, but will carry on trying. I am unable to post any pics on this site, but if you send me your email address to: swartdj@xtra.co.nz I can send the photo's thru to you. Thanks

Hi, I have a 2004 T3 Spirit Tourer, and I have no idea which model Sat Nav system is fitted or how I would be able to tell ?

The only language options on screen at start up are English-German-French-Italian-Dutch-Spanish-Swedish and Danish but no Japanese !!

PS please excuse the earlier reply ( ie indent indent ) !!

Hi Gez T, thanks I might have to learn Japanese. Matty 2767 might be able to help me.

ok mate hope you understand this. from what the chap at work said the text is a mixture of chinese and japanese but anyone who speaks chinese should be able to read it as the symbols are similar.

going in picture order

calendar.jpg - this one is obvious with the days starting from sunday on the left.

fuel.jpg - the picture with the pump in is fuel consuption the one with the car is mileage information with average speed and trip distance to its right. in the top right you have outside temperature

menu.jpg - the buttons are car information, radio, ?, settings, contacts list, ?, points of interest, calendar

remote.jpg - top button = where you are now. second row down = ? and route guidance. middle button = ok. next button down = cancel. next row down = tv and information. next button down = turn off picture. bottom button = no direct translation.

service menu = self explanatory

unknown1.jpg - at the top you have contrast settings (lighter/darker) blue button above close is cancel and the one you have highlighted in yellow is ok.

below the close button you have confirm and the first button to the right of this is cancel.

unknown.jpg - show map area.

on my sat nav when you turn the unit on you get a warning screen saying not to use it whilst driving. on this screen on the bottom left there is a change language button. see if you have a similar one on yours. other than that within the information menu there is a setting to change the language. try looking in the settings button on menu.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi all.. another Newbie to the forum, and also another New Zealander.....

We've just got purchased a 2004 Station Wagon, I think the T4...

We get delivery of it this week... but having a quick test drive I was impressed with the car.. but a little worried about whether or not there is an English conversion for the SatNav in these cars? It would also be handy to have an NZ map!!

Hope to get some replies!

When we get the car I'll post some pics of the satnav display... It could be a TN300?? I'll get more details when we have the car...

Cheers

Ian.

Hi all.. another Newbie to the forum, and also another New Zealander.....

We've just got purchased a 2004 Station Wagon, I think the T4...

We get delivery of it this week... but having a quick test drive I was impressed with the car.. but a little worried about whether or not there is an English conversion for the SatNav in these cars? It would also be handy to have an NZ map!!

Hope to get some replies!

When we get the car I'll post some pics of the satnav display... It could be a TN300?? I'll get more details when we have the car...

Cheers

Ian.

Hi mate,

if you can buy a TomTom satnav over there that's your best option as the TNS 300-310 is not that good really. Toyota update dvd discs here are around £160.00 and a new TomTom is around £130.00 depending on the model so it's a no contest.:thumbsup:

Regards Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links