Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mobil Super 3000 Formula Fe 5W/30 Oil For D4D

MarkR

This is currently on offer in Halfords. I was planning on using it for my next service of my 04 D4D when it hits 190k miles.

Seems to meet specifications

photo0348r.jpg

Halfords link

(sorry for giving you a neck cramp. :-)

How much is it going for mate? Is a semi or full synthetic? Did you know you can get 10ltr of Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30 (C2, 507 00 spec) off eBay for £58 delivered. This is the top of the range Mobil oil for DPF... If I had a choice of oil's I'd always use a fully synthetic over a semi. :toast:

:thumbsup:

I've just found this... But having a quick read of it I can't see if its a full syn oil... It looks like there are a few to choice from out of the 3000 range. Formula G,LD,R,V etc.

PrintFind a PDSFind a MSDS Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30

High performance motor oil

Product Description

Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30 is a high performance motor oil designed for use in gasoline and diesel engines that are specifically designed to use a low viscosity (HTHS) motor oil. It also meets the requirements of the new Ford WSS-M2C913-C specification.

Features and Benefits

Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30 provides the following features and benefits:

•Excellent oxidation stability to reduce engine deposits and sludge build-up and to help maintain engine cleanliness.

•Excellent high and low temperature properties to provide dependable wear protection across a wide range of driving conditions.

•Enhanced low temperature capabilities for outstanding cold weather starting.

•Helps in achieving fuel economy (as per ACEA A5/B5).

Applications

Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30 can be used in a variety of gasoline and diesel automobiles, light trucks and vans designed for use of a low viscosity (HTHS) motor oil.

Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30 is intended primarily to meet the requirements of Ford WSS-M2C913-C but is also suitable for use in other vehicles where the viscosity and quality claims are appropriate.

Ford have announced that WSS-M2C913-C is fully backward compatible and is strongly recommended for all applications that currently require the specification WSS-M2C913-B.

Specifications and Approvals

Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30 meets or exceeds the requirements of the following industry specifications:

ACEA A5/B5

Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30 meets the following builder specifications:

Ford WSS-M2C913-C

Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30 is also suitable for applications requiring Ford WSS-M2C913-B and Ford WSS-M2C913-A.

Typical Properties

Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30

Viscosity, ASTM D 445

cSt @ 40º C 53

cSt @ 100º C 9.8

Sulphated Ash, wt%, ASTM D 874 0.8

Phosphorous 0.05

Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92 192

Density @15º C kg/l, ASTM D 4052 0.85

Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97 -39

Esso Petroleum Company limited

ExxonMobil House, Ermyn Way, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8UX

44 (0)1372 222000

http://www.exxonmobil.com

I wouldn't spend that type of monies

go to Asda and buy their 10/40 fully synthetic or the 5/30 semi synthetic

evidently its a quality oil in Asda containers

Don't be taken in by oil snobbery

My 2.2 diesel is running on the 5/30 semi from Asda (105000) on the clock

£18 for 6 litres 3x2 Lt bottles at £6 each on promo last summer

i think it is a little bit more expensive this yr but not as expensive as your Mobil oil

it meets all specs inc ford etc and was compared to the more expensive oil on the Asda shelf and the specs were identical

I think the oil is either Car Lube or Comma so I'm lead to believe

In fact I'm going to do an oil change soon so guess where I'm buying from...

Tesco oil is supposed to be good as well...will be checking them out as well as the Asda oil

The ESP 1 is on offer as well, but would cost €104 for two 5L tubs. I'm contacting eBay guy now, but I'm not sure would shipping be crazy to ireland. :-)

I try to stay away from brand snobbery, but equally I want to get the best (or at least very good) oil for the car.

This oil is fully synthetic according to the bottle.

i think it is a little bit more expensive this yr but not as expensive as your Mobil oil

it meets all specs inc ford etc and was compared to the more expensive oil on the Asda shelf and the specs were identical

I think the oil is either Car Lube or Comma so I'm lead to believe

Tesco oil is supposed to be good as well...will be checking them out as well as the Asda oil

You pays your money and you takes your choice. If your car runs fine on it and your happy then no problem. I had 2 identical Corsa's (one a driving school and one private) one running on a fully synthetic and the other on a semi (from a super market). After the 1st 10000 miles I had both samples of oil sent off to be analysed and the results that came back made a very interesting read. Needless to say I change the semi to a full synthetic.

But you do make a valid point about own brand super market oils. If you know that a good oil from the larger manufactures is use in one of there bottles, and you can buy it cheaper then thats a great deal.

Vw's own Quatum oil is Castrol Edge. So its alot cheaper than going to somewhere like Halfords and picking up a botttle with Castrol written on it.

The ESP 1 is on offer as well, but would cost €104 for two 5L tubs. I'm contacting ebay guy now, but I'm not sure would shipping be crazy to ireland. :-)

I try to stay away from brand snobbery, but equally I want to get the best (or at least very good) oil for the car.

This oil is fully synthetic according to the bottle.

I'm with you on the "Brand Snobbery" I also like to put the best oil I can find in the engine at the very best price. I've just had a look at the 3000 oil on the Halfords web site. And it seems to be a good price for a full synthetic oil.

Again its a case of finding out the top spec for the least amount of cash. I'm not sure about the cost of shipping to Ireland, but I'm gessing it would be high given the weight. :unsure:

Just a point of interest. I wanted to do an oil change straight away after buying my T-180. I couldn't wait and so I went to Asda's because I'd seen that they were selling Mobil 1 ESP in the past for £32 for a 5ltr tub. But when I'd got there they'd told me that they no longer sell Mobil and that they now sell Castrol, which was the wrong spec for the D-CAT.

So I hot footed it down to my local Halfords and told them that Asda's WERE selling it for £32. The manager said no problem, we'll price match it for you. So I ended up buying 20ltr of it for the next few oil changes or so...

I think the oil is either Car plan or Comma so I'm lead to believe

hi

when i brought my auris i still had a 25 ltr drum that was about half full of exact ford spec oil (Mobil FE)made by morris oils.as i did not want to waste this oil.i rang morris,who are always very helpful and the not at all pushie of their products,and you get an advisor who knows what he talking about not some girl on the switchboard who thinks they know but havent a clue.they even tell you your nearest stockist to savee postage costs.

i asked if this oil was suitable for my auris vvti engine and the answer was no as it was not API SL/SM compatable as required by the toyota spec.

as the local morris dealer didnt have in stock the correct grade of a morris,it was cheaper at that time to buy Mobil ESP from asda than odering from morris factory.but find even cheaper online.

anyay what i am getting at is the Mobil 3000 grade (yes there several mobil 3000 types,)but if you have a DPF fitted to your engine then you need a oil with ACEA C2/C3 spec.i did not notice the examples you given as doing this.

i not familier with toyota diesels so dont know if yours is a DPF or not.

sorry got these post mixed up.meant to answer MISTERMENA.

one should careful when buying SEMI synthetic oils,whats does semi mean, 10 per cent or maybe 50 per cent.could be any per cent.always go for fully synthetic.

oil is cheaper than bearings,thats my motto.

I've had a look at the handbook previously, can anyone tell me the difference between the various oil specs

photo0265a.jpg

Book is recommending B1 or equivalent 5w/30. How do the various A's,B's,and C categories come into it?

Thanks

I think the oil is either Car plan or Comma so I'm lead to believe

hi

when i brought my auris i still had a 25 ltr drum that was about half full of exact ford spec oil (Mobil FE)made by morris oils.as i did not want to waste this oil.i rang morris,who are always very helpful and the not at all pushie of their products,and you get an advisor who knows what he talking about not some girl on the switchboard who thinks they know but havent a clue.they even tell you your nearest stockist to savee postage costs.

i asked if this oil was suitable for my auris vvti engine and the answer was no as it was not API SL/SM compatable as required by the toyota spec.

as the local morris dealer didnt have in stock the correct grade of a morris,it was cheaper at that time to buy Mobil ESP from asda than odering from morris factory.but find even cheaper online.

anyay what i am getting at is the Mobil 3000 grade (yes there several mobil 3000 types,)but if you have a DPF fitted to your engine then you need a oil with ACEA C2/C3 spec.i did not notice the examples you given as doing this.

i not familier with toyota diesels so dont know if yours is a DPF or not.

sorry got these post mixed up.meant to answer MISTERMENA.

one should careful when buying SEMI synthetic oils,whats does semi mean, 10 per cent or maybe 50 per cent.could be any per cent.always go for fully synthetic.

oil is cheaper than bearings,thats my motto.

Its a mine field when it comes to getting the right spec for a particular engine. My Avensis T-180 had to hace the C2 spec for the DPF. I bought a pallet full of Castrol Edge 5w-30 for my Vw's as Costco were sellinf 3x1 ltr bottles for £9.99. I thought this would be okay for my Avensis because it meet the top spec of 507 00 for Vw's. But I found out that it didn't met the C2 spec even though if you go onto Castrol's own web site and type in your reg, it comes up with EDGE which would in time ruine up my D-CAT. :ffs:

I've had a look at the handbook previously, can anyone tell me the difference between the various oil specs

photo0265a.jpg

Book is recommending B1 or equivalent 5w/30. How do the various A's,B's,and C categories come into it?

Thanks

If you type in on Google... engine oil bible, you'll find out what all these spec's are. America have API's and Europe have ACEA's etc... Good read for the oil heads :yahoo:

Its the same grade of oil that they recommend for my Avensis being the preffered 5w-30 grade. I use to use a 0w-40 years ago on some different cars. But it would seem (as far as I've seen) that 5w-30 is the one to go for...

photo0265a.jpg

Thanks

if your handbook is anything like my auris one, which i am sure it is, it will have a list of engine and the oil spec require for each type,also a page showing how to identify the engine.if you can find your engine type number post on toc and i will look up and see if it its listed in in my auris book.

as the mention of C2/C3 spec.my hand book list oil under DIY maintenance section,but its repeated again again at the rear of the book under specifications section which mentions there C2 requirment..

I've used the last generation of Mobil FE 5W30 semi-synth for my last 2 services.

It meets the required spec. for my car (no DPF) & the car seems to use less oil than with Toyota branded 5W30 semi-synth.

& my last 6 litres cost me £13 (Asda clearing out their Mobil stocks I guess)!

I've used the last generation of Mobil FE 5W30 semi-synth for my last 2 services.

It meets the required spec. for my car (no DPF) & the car seems to use less oil than with Toyota branded 5W30 semi-synth.

& my last 6 litres cost me £13 (Asda clearing out their Mobil stocks I guess)!

as you have no DPF then thats ok.

heared that ASDA had cleared out their oil section for their xmas stock,and almost gave the oils etc away.didnt know untill to late to take advantage of it and get Mobil ESP.

anyway got some on eBay.10 ltr for £53 plus £8.50 postage which is a good deal for a top quality oil.so happy bunny.

My engine is the 1CDFTV. (I entered my chassis number on http://www.toyodiy.com)

That means no DPF I think, so super 3000 should be right. No need for c2 I think

sorry,but does not mention of this engine in my handbook.but as it has no DPF to worry about then go for it if you feel happy using it.

No doubt I'll get pummelled for saying this, but my last car (2001 VW Passat PD diesel) was simply filled with the local Peugeot garage's fully synthetic oil every time. I never asked to see the bottles, I never read the spec, but when sold it had 234k miles on the clock and the engine was as sweet as ever. It's everything else that was packing up. It's all about taking a chance I suppose. Or not.

No doubt I'll get pummelled for saying this, but my last car (2001 VW Passat PD diesel) was simply filled with the local Peugeot garage's fully synthetic oil every time. I never asked to see the bottles, I never read the spec, but when sold it had 234k miles on the clock and the engine was as sweet as ever. It's everything else that was packing up. It's all about taking a chance I suppose. Or not.

i beleave the vw pd engine was very fussy which oil it had in it,there was problems if you used the wrong oil.

so the oil the peugeot garage put in was what they used in their turbo diesels was suitable as you had no problems.

nice one.if you had taken it to an independent garage they could have put in any old oil and you could have had big problems.well done.

i beleave the vw pd engine was very fussy which oil it had in it,there was problems if you used the wrong oil.

so the oil the peugeot garage put in was what they used in their turbo diesels was suitable as you had no problems.

nice one.if you had taken it to an independent garage they could have put in any old oil and you could have had big problems.well done.

Very true about the VW's Pd engines with the correct spec. I know this to my cost! I ran out of Castrol EDGE so I put Mobil 1 0w-40 in the car for about 5 oil changes. And to cut a long story short it cost me over a £1000 to have a new cam and shims replaced. The Mobil 1 wasn't a 507 00 spec (Needed because of the high pressure injectors) so correct spec's are so important.

I would never use a semi in my car. As mentioned on this thread, you never know what % of synthetic has gone into it...

I've downloaded the manual for my car and found the relevant page for my engine type (among others).

5W/30 B1 it is. Thanks for reading everyone.

post-49067-0-77849000-1296821434_thumb.j

Very true about the VW's Pd engines with the correct spec. I know this to my cost! I ran out of Castrol EDGE so I put Mobil 1 0w-40 in the car for about 5 oil changes. And to cut a long story short it cost me over a £1000 to have a new cam and shims replaced. The Mobil 1 wasn't a 507 00 spec (Needed because of the high pressure injectors) so correct spec's are so important.

I would never use a semi in my car. As mentioned on this thread, you never know what % of synthetic has gone into it...

almost any good oil of the correct viscosity would be ok for most engines as far as bearings lubrication is conserned.as long as the bearings can maintain hydroscopic effect.but valve gear is the problem as this is where the highest loadings of an engine are at pounds per square inch (PSI)and different engines have different valve gear design,many of them are now hydraulic.these engine spend many many hours being tested and developed also the lubrication engineers find the best lubricant to suit their engines.the oil is developed to suit the engine not the engine to suit the oil.why people economise on oils i dont know.you see things on these posts, oil at only so much.

such as ive got joe soaps and it only cost me x amount.what the point in taking a risk.any problems arnt going to show up over night as say with a dodgy fuel.it will take several thousands of miles before problems show up.then ts too late.damage is done.why take a risk,buy the best you can.you can buy top grade oil on eBay at half what you pay over a counter.

sorry about the rant,but oil is the life blood of an engine.

you see things on these posts, oil at only so much.

such as ive got joe soaps and it only cost me x amount.

Yes, I said that I had bought 6L of Mobil FE for £13 on clearance but I also said that it met the spec. for the engine (something that iirc the more expensive fully synth. Mobil 1 didn't). People like a bargain. ;)

you can buy top grade oil on ebay at half what you pay over a counter.

see, you've just done it yourself! :P

would not consider i am doing it myself as as you say, i beleave Mobil 1 esp is a top grade.as i got 10 ltrs for £53 plus £8.50 ithink i got a bargain.thanks to others advice

as to Mobil 1 not being suitable well you will find the esp is a Mobil 1 and there about 6 other mobil 1 grades.

which of the mobill 1 grades are you talking about.

If you can't see that saying that I bought Mobil 1 at half price is similar to I bought joe soaps & it only cost me x amount then I'm sorry for you ...

Recommended oil spec. for my car is ACEA B1 5W30 (& the Toyota branded oil for it is a semi-synth).

Iirc Mobil rejigged their oil ranges recently (last year or so) hence FE went to Super 3000 Formula FE etc.

I can't remember the specs of the Mobil 1 that was commonly found in the shops at that time but I do remember that it didn't meet the specs for my car.

Of the current range:

Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel is 0W40 & ACEA A3/B3 & A3/B4

ESP Formula 5W30 is ACEA C2 C3

New Life is 0W40 & ACEA A3/B3 & A3/B4

Mobil 1 Fuel Economy 0W-30 is ACEA A1/B1 & A5/B5

Mobil 1 0W20 & 10W60 obviously don't meet my car's spec. & for some reason on the Mobil 1 dedicated site I can't find ACEA specs. for Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40

If you can't see that saying that I bought Mobil 1 at half price is similar to I bought joe soaps & it only cost me x amount then I'm sorry for you ...

Recommended oil spec. for my car is ACEA B1 5W30 (& the Toyota branded oil for it is a semi-synth).

Iirc Mobil rejigged their oil ranges recently (last year or so) hence FE went to Super 3000 Formula FE etc.

I can't remember the specs of the Mobil 1 that was commonly found in the shops at that time but I do remember that it didn't meet the specs for my car.

Of the current range:

Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel is 0W40 & ACEA A3/B3 & A3/B4

ESP Formula 5W30 is ACEA C2 C3

New Life is 0W40 & ACEA A3/B3 & A3/B4

Mobil 1 Fuel Economy 0W-30 is ACEA A1/B1 & A5/B5

Mobil 1 0W20 & 10W60 obviously don't meet my car's spec. & for some reason on the Mobil 1 dedicated site I can't find ACEA specs. for Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40

thanks for the polite reply.

when i ment by joe soaps oils is one going cheep of dubious quality brought cos it was cheaper.

which i consider false economy.

i dont know anything about your cars engine but in my auris hand book it states that ap1 CF is approved.and as the cans of Mobil esp show that they amongst other things API CF then they ok to use in their diesel.

several people on this forum use Mobil 1 esp 5w 30 in their diesel engines.but their engines may not the same as yours.so its each of us to choose what lubricant we are comfortable with.

but as youve said oil specs change as improvements are made.which cant be a bad thing

crikey where did it all go wrong

what happened to the days of the duckhams and Castrol hypergrades and the all too familiar 20/50

the fact is if its wet and slippy its doing its job

all this oil bullsh*t is well exactly that..................... bull

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links