Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does The Auris Have An Obdii Port?

dogo

yep you,ll find it just under the bonnet release

yep you,ll find it just under the bonnet release

Hi thanks for the reply. My next question is.. I see there are different versions of ODBII, what is the correct one for me, and does anyone know if I could hook it up to a pocketpc as well as a laptop.

Cheers

dogo

• 9 months later...

how can you hook something up to this port? what does it do? sounds gr8 :D

OBD-II - On-Board Diagnostic System. It's the place where the Service people hook up their mostly hand-held or laptop do diagnose/repair/reset Onboard computer of the car.

how can you hook something up to this port? what does it do? sounds gr8 :D

OBD-II - On-Board Diagnostic System. It's the place where the Service people hook up their mostly hand-held or laptop do diagnose/repair/reset Onboard computer of the car.

i would love to get me hands on the equipment that would allow me to do this, ive got a laptop, now just need the leads n software :D

i would love to get me hands on the equipment that would allow me to do this, ive got a laptop, now just need the leads n software :D

Why? what would you do with it? You cant re-programme it to make it go faster or anything like that, it just reads fault codes that may appear from time to time

Why? what would you do with it? You cant re-programme it to make it go faster or anything like that, it just reads fault codes that may appear from time to time

If it's the 1.4-D4D, then yes, you can reprogram the ECU, since the Bosch ECU is nice to do it.

Is there any software/hardware links where we can se the diagrams for the cables or software to connect it?

No this would be nice eheheh :) I would for sure give it a try. Even the errors I wouldn't mind seeing what's in there since service here sometimes just doesn't want to work. On saturday my car had a really weird start sound was really noisy and sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders but after 5 seconds went back to normal. I'm sure this was stored somewhere it would be nice to know what was that. Didn't happen again so far. But for sure I won't keep this car more then 5 years I'm already starting to fear what "presents" can come with it once warranty runs out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links