Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


  • Join Toyota Owners Club

    Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

     

     

2024 BZ4X display screen profile issues


Fluffy25
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone I'm a newbie here having just acquired my 1st ev a BZ4X on good Friday, I've read most of the recent posts and haven't come across my issue so hopefully I've started this topic in the correct place.

Basically I've added my profile to the car but apart from day 1 I always appear as a guest user. My profile/name is showing but is blanked out and not selectable, am I missing something here? How am i able to select my profile or even better as the only driver of this car can my profile not automatically recognise me when I start the car? Any help greatly appreciated.

Also whilst I'm here do I really have to have that blue terms and conditions screen come up every time I press the start button? Asking me to accept 2 tick boxes for terms and conditions every single time!! Aggh it's so annoying. 

Cheers for reading 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Did you scan the QR code with the app?
Also you should be able to register your face and I'm not sure how but people have said you can also link the profile to the actual car key.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply Johnathan yes I've scanned the QR code many times with my phone's camera and it takes me to T's&C's web page but there isn't any place to accept the terms and conditions on said web page? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You need to scan it via the My Toyota app under the 'link multimedia' device.
I'm surprised you weren't asked to do this when you collected the car. My dealer made sure that I had the app (already had it due to older car) and linked the multimedia system to my profile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2024 at 1:45 AM, Fluffy25 said:

Hey everyone I'm a newbie here having just acquired my 1st ev a BZ4X on good Friday, I've read most of the recent posts and haven't come across my issue so hopefully I've started this topic in the correct place.

Basically I've added my profile to the car but apart from day 1 I always appear as a guest user. My profile/name is showing but is blanked out and not selectable, am I missing something here? How am i able to select my profile or even better as the only driver of this car can my profile not automatically recognise me when I start the car? Any help greatly appreciated.

Also whilst I'm here do I really have to have that blue terms and conditions screen come up every time I press the start button? Asking me to accept 2 tick boxes for terms and conditions every single time!! Aggh it's so annoying. 

Cheers for reading 

I would suggest going back to your dealer and getting them to link you up, it can be a tricky process. have you downloaded the MyT app? Once you have linked the head unit/app via wifi and accepted the terms, that blue screen goes away and every time you get in the car, it will recognise you and link your profile to the car. Toyota could not have made it anymore difficult if I'm honest

Link to comment
Share on other sites


My collection of the car wasn't the best as the handover specialist was off there day and the guy showing me the controlls didn't really seem to know much about the car! I'll attach the my profile screen of my Toyota app account which for me doesn't show the 'link multimedia device' option you mention. Thanks for helping me with this I really appreciate it. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe I have the wrong app? I've just noticed there are 2 apps 1st is my Toyota (black app which I have) and the 2nd is MyT (a red app)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes I have the wrong app!! Lol. Just downloaded the red MyT app and it has the option to scan the QR code. Thanks to both of you for your responses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2024 at 11:07 AM, Fluffy25 said:

Yes I have the wrong app!! Lol. Just downloaded the red MyT app and it has the option to scan the QR code. Thanks to both of you for your responses. 

Interested to know if this works as I’ve read the black app is the right one for bz4x. I’m at the end of my tether! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very confusing as I’ve been recommended to download the black app on here and by Toyota UK 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Smitgla said:

Interested to know if this works as I’ve read the black app is the right one for bz4x. I’m at the end of my tether! 

Yeah I was wrong the red app isn't the one to use the black app is the correct one. Hope that helps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CassUK said:

Very confusing as I’ve been recommended to download the black app on here and by Toyota UK 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I was wrong the red app isn't the one to use the black app is the correct one. Hope that helps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I completely removed the profile facility because a) it doesn't really do very much and b) often failed to sync the profile. The latter was a problem because if I happened to be using CarPlay navigation, it would nag with a pop up warning dialog box on the screen while I was driving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share







×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership