Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stilauto Wheels For T Sport - Help!

chrishill

Hi all,

First time on the forum as the Yaris isn't mine- hoping someone here can help!

Took the Yaris in for new tyres at the weekend and the garage managed to snap the locking nut on one of the rear wheels. They then broke the wheel trying to get the snapped nut off, so I'm trying to get hold of a Stilauto SR500 16 inch wheel.

I've searched the net for a good few hours and had no joy. The garage are also trying to get hold of one but are struggling.

Any idea where I can get one from?

Failing that I'll have to get a whole set of wheels (new or 2nd hand- not too bothered)- where do you reckon I stand in terms of getting them to pay for a whole set?

At the moment the mrs is driving around on the space saver on 3 studs, covering about 50 miles per day on the m25, which isn't ideal.

Any help or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks :thumbsup:

surley a toyota dealer can get one?

thanks for the quick reply. Do these wheels come fitted as standard on the T Sport then?

I was assuming they were fitted by the previous owner.

No, the T-sport came with a 15" 6 spoke as standard.

Those 16" Stilauto's will be aftermarket.

If the chumps that smashed your wheel can't find you a replacement then you should argue that they buy you a new set or matching alloys. Askm them what they're going to do about it rather than you demanding anything. They may willingly offer you some sort of deal or you may have to get some legal advice.

Driving the space saver with alloy wheel nuts, and only 3 of them at that really isn't a good idea.

Thanks, I thought they might have been aftermarket but have emailed my local Toyota dealer to see if they can get any, on the off chance.

The garage have been pretty reasonable so far in that they've offered to pay for the replacement wheel. However, it doesn't look as though they'll be able to get one.

I've asked them what will happen if they can't get a replacement and they said they'd pay for a new set but wouldn't want to go much over £200! Seems a little on the low side but they might be able to get hold of something through the trade for that price.

Alternatively, I've paid £150 for the new tyres which haven't been fitted yet. There are wheel and tyre sets in Halfords for £350 that will do just fine. Do you reckon they'd be up for buying these and keeping the £150 I've spent and also holding onto the tyres? That way I've got a new set of wheels and tyres for £150 and they've spent their £200 but kept hold of a set of tyres. Presumably a win win situation?

I can't see why not, as you say it's a win win situation. If for any reason you are not sucessful then you could try seeking help from your credit card supplier, that's assuming you paid by mastercard/visa.

I just don't even want to imagine what did they try to remove the broken nut, by what they broke the whole wheel. :crazy:

Check if nothing else isn't broken by the suspension or similar, as you can imagine the force they had to use to brake a wheel had to be massive.

If they start to make excuses and won't be very willing to pay, scare them a little with your solicitor and a legal way of dealing. They knees will soften quickly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links