Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lane keep assist

taxidriver50005

Ok 2019 c-hr Lane assist icon shows in white... Shouldn't this be in green? 

Edited by taxidriver50005
Mispelt

Doesn't that depend on whether the system can detect the lanes?

The system helps keep in lane on motorway but is in white... It occasionally flicker green but that's it. 

Does 2019 chr have have center assist? 

Similar topics merged.

7 hours ago, taxidriver50005 said:

Ok 2019 c-hr Lane assist icon shows in white... Shouldn't this be in green? 

It's white to show it's active. If I remember correctly, it will change to orange when you head over the line and then green when it pulls you back from the centre line. It's been a while since I had my 2020 model, so I can't really remember the exact sequence. Haliotis may be in a better position to answer this (sorry for dropping this on you Albert)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taxidriver50005 said:

Does 2019 chr have have center assist? 

No. It has the Lane Divert Assist (LDA), rather then the LTA which centres the car on the road.

• Like 1

Thanks guys just trying to if I had a problem.  I was just vague on which version of tss was actually installed. 

It's white when it's active. Green when the active steering is operating and orange with an annoying beeping to go with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Penfold72 said:

It's white when it's active. Green when the active steering is operating and orange with an annoying beeping to go with it. 

Cheers bud.. I have corolla as well and that goes green when you turn system on hence confusion.. 

Yesterday mine was green, went orange when I crossed lanes without indicating, went white when back in lane and moments later back to green.

It's  one of those things you don't notice until it suddenly catches your eye, like the red light on the temperature gauge.  Actually it is just a red light on the temperature gauge showing it is a temperature gauge.  Frightened the Missus when she sees it.:).

• Thanks 1

Its annoying when it goes green, when you are trying to pass parked cars and the system tries to drive you back into them....😒

37 minutes ago, Penfold72 said:

Its annoying when it goes green, when you are trying to pass parked cars and the system tries to drive you back into them....😒

Close your eyes and let it do its own thing😁

I have had it refuse to pass a parked car until I indicated. 

• Like 1

I have to be honest - I am never quite sure whether my lane assist is on or off.  I am only ware of it if my steering wheel shows a resistance to my control of it, and I have noticed the occasional beep.

On a few occasions, when selecting cruise control whilst on the M69, I have been aware of the lane assist being active. A couple of times, when heading towards Leicester, I have held the steering wheel loosely in my hands, and the car has remained in the near side lane, even to the point of guiding itself through the two gentle curves as it approaches the junction with the M1.

I have learned one thing, though - I would never be able to sit back in a “driverless” car and let the car do the work.

On 3/18/2024 at 1:25 PM, taxidriver50005 said:

Ok 2019 c-hr Lane assist icon shows in white...

Do you have a 2019 C-HR? - your profile refers to a 2020 Corolla ...

What does the Owner's Manual for a 2019 C-HR say of the subject of Lane Keep Assist? If the car doesn't conform to the specification in the manual a visit to a dealer would be in order.

The behaviour of TSS technology is evolving and differs between models and years so comments about "how mine works" aren't necessarily helpful ... 😉

Edit:

A 2019 C-HR should have TSS-P which includes:

• Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD)
  • Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA)
  • Auto High Beams (AHB)
  • Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)

It does NOT have Lane Tracing Assist (LTA) which was introduced with TSS 2.0

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 9:27 AM, Penfold72 said:

yeas that's terrible

even when you pass a cyclist

even if a car in front of you is stopped waiting to turn left or right and you want just to pass it in the opposite direction

On 3/21/2024 at 9:55 AM, Haliotis said:

I have to be honest - I am never quite sure whether my lane assist is on or off.  I am only ware of it if my steering wheel shows a resistance to my control of it, and I have noticed the occasional beep.

It's doubly confusing because there are two different parts to the lane thingy.

The 'safety' part, the bit that's supposed to stop you drifting out of lane if you fall asleep or something, is always on - It automatically turns on when you start the car and requires you to hold the button for 5 seconds to turn it off, but will turn on again if you press the button again.

The 'assist' part, which I keep calling autosteer because I can't remember which acronym is which, is only on when the radar cruise control is on, but can be toggled on and off with the same button that you hold to disable the 'safety' part.

• Like 1

Guess I’ll have get in a bit more practice to appreciate whether ON or OFF! 😟

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, I find Lane Keep Assist to be a danger feature, not a safety one.
Most of my driving is done on rural and narrow roads.  My car defaults to LKA being on.  So, unless I remember to switch it off every time I drive, it will try to nudge me back towards parked cars, cyclists, potholes, whatever I have tried to pull out to avoid.

Only on the rarest of occasions might I want LKA to be on - when I am making a long journey on a fast multi-lane road.  There are very few roads like that near where I live, so I almost never want the feature.  Yet the car forces it to be on every time I start up.  Why can't the setting to have it active or not be "sticky"?  Those who want it on can leave it on by default, those who don't want it can leave it off by default.  Both can reverse the setting while driving.  I've had cars like that in the past.  It just makes sense IMO.

I get that Mr T probably regards it as a safety feature and doesn't want to be seen to allow it to be off by default, but it is only a safety aid under certain road conditions.  Given that nearly all my driving is not done under the conditions where the feature might help safety, my car is defaulting to a less safe mode every time I drive.  Very silly.

40 minutes ago, Enjay said:

I get that Mr T probably regards it as a safety feature and doesn't want to be seen to allow it to be off by default, but it is only a safety aid under certain road conditions.  Given that nearly all my driving is not done under the conditions where the feature might help safety, my car is defaulting to a less safe mode every time I drive.  Very silly.

Not something Toyota has control of, it is an EU directive, that's how it has to be despite what people "want" 

• Like 2

The unelected technocrats in the EU rule.

I am assured by my MP that there will be consultation before speed sign recognition morphs to speed sign speed control.

Consultation maybe but when the EU mandates it, manufacturers will comply, and it will become unavoidable. 

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

I am assured by my MP that there will be consultation before speed sign recognition morphs to speed sign speed control.

Like they did in Wales when the speed limit was reduced, and as you say, when EU mandates it, it will happen anyway no matter what we mere mortals have to say

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links