Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 2003 Navi Mpg Question

Cheryl  B

Hi

Recently I had to have a new Battery fitted, when it was all back up and working again my mpg (navi thing) had reset itself from miles to kilometers, does anyone know how to change it back to miles?

Hi

I only just read how to do this last night.

Whilst the mpg is displayed, push the MODE-ENT knob and turn it to select either l/100km, km/l or mpg. Once selected push the MODE_ENT knob again until the display returns to audio then press the TRIP/NAVI button to return to the MPG display.

Hope that makes some sort of sense!

Hope it works. Just out of interest, how accurate do you find the MPG figures?

Hope it works. Just out of interest, how accurate do you find the MPG figures?

Well I was going to ask you the same thing, I don't seem to be getting very good mpg, I have a Rav 4 2003 d4d 2.0 VX, On a motorway I get about 42/45mpg towns I tend to get 30 or less, to be honest I thought it would be better on fuel, I was actually thinking about changing it for something more fuel efficient but I really like it and don't really want to get rid of it.

Are the figures you've quoted the ones stated by the onboard computer or your actual MPG according to how much fuel you've put in and how far you've travelled?

Mine is currently showing 29MPG and, as I've only just bought the RAV, haven't yet been able to compare it to the actual. I'm doing a long run over the weekend so hope to have an ide of the actual MPG then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

Sorry its taken so long to reply (I've been away)

My mpg was going on the computer. Have you managed to test yours yet?

How are you finding the car? are you enjoying it?

Thanks for the 1st reply by the way, it worked perfectly. I haven't got a manual for my car so really appreciate the response.

C

Hi Cheryl

I've only filled up once so far with the MPG on the computer showing 35.6 and I calculated that I actually got 35.5. This was on a long run and I'm hoping that it wasn't a fluke. I'll let you know the outcome of my next tankfull which will be around town driving.

I'm enjoying the car with the exception of still having problems getting used to the high clutch biting point and a banging sound coming from the rear (I'm hoping it's just a panel knocking which is what it sounds like).

How's yours going?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links