Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

C-HR vs Yaris Cross

Max_Headroom

C-HR or Yaris Cross?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. C-HR or Yaris Cross?

• C-HR
    • Yaris Cross

Could i ask members who have driven both their views i was going to go with the Yaris Cross next but am now leaning towards the C-HR as its bigger but not too big.

(parking is very limited where i live)

I know there are other models that are a bit wider and taller compared to the Yaris  but i prefer the C-HR.

1 minute ago, Max_Headroom said:

Could i ask members who have driven both their views i was going to go with the Yaris Cross next but am now leaning towards the C-HR as its bigger but not too big.

(parking is very limited where i live)

I drove a chr as a courtesy car and the drive was sweet and boot space was excellent.

it even integrated with my wifi Carplay Dongle with no fuss.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paul john said:

I drove a chr as a courtesy car and the drive was sweet and boot space was excellent.

Have you driven the Yaris Cross?

Could i ask members who have driven both their views i was going to go with the Yaris Cross next but am now leaning towards the C-HR as its bigger but not too big.

Just now, Max_Headroom said:

Have you driven the Yaris Cross?

Unfortunately no. but i understand that the CHR was discontinued at the same time that the Yaris cross was introduced so perhaps the Yaris Cross is a renamed CHR. Same as the Auris became the Corolla. 

@Max_Headroom I think we both voted without reading the question following. 

I disagree with Paul.  There is not connection between CHR and YC.

I just didn't like the CHR style. 

• Like 2

I bought a CHR in 2017, recently I looked at changing and actually ordered a Yaris Cross, but after another test drive I cancelled the order and bought another CHR. It was all down to the internal finishes on the CHR, seems better quality and the YC looks a bit bland. In retrospect it was the right descision for me.

• Like 3

I drove both 

Cross 

It fells more roomier inside then the CHR do to height and more SUV when driving due to higher position,

Same interior layout as the Yaris that I like

New version of Hybrid that is more efficient 

Not prone to Catalytic theft 

Engine is both bad and good, small for the car but good at fuel economy if you so 80% town driving 

What I did not like, noisier inside then CHR, boot space on the smaller side comparing the 2

CHR

Is from my perspective a class over the Cross, better interior, design is different (both bod and good)

Better and bigger engine, boot space, bigger car, fells more like a Hatchback not a SUV

A lot more quieter inside when driving 

Depending on the version and year older Hybrid system 

Prone to Catalytic theft 

If I would have to choose I would go with CHR 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, asinrutee said:

the YC looks a bit bland

I think the design of the Yaris Cross was a collaboration between Toyota, JCB and Massie Furguson Tractors. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, Chas G said:

I think the design of the Yaris Cross was a collaboration between Toyota, JCB and Massie Furguson Tractors. 😁

And Stevie Wonder!!

• Haha 4

I had a Yaris Cross design for 2 years and thoroughly enjoyed it. I now have a C-HR Design.

The fuel economy on the YC is outstanding being a later model. I am doing fewer miles now so do not mind the poorer mpg of the C-HR.

The C-HR is a more comfortable drive, I have the 2litre version, but I found the YC to have a more versatile boot.

The C-HR is a bit bigger so it is perhaps not a fair comparison.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PJR77 said:

The C-HR is a bit bigger so it is perhaps not a fair comparison.

That is one of the comparisons i want owners to discuss 😉

It's an 'odd' comparison since the cars address rather different requirements, but since I've driven neither I won't 'vote' ... 😉

I have a RAV4. For me, a practical AWD is a basic requirement so while the Yaris Cross is a candidate, a UK spec C-HR wouldn't make my shortlist (no AWD version in the UK). While I would like to downsize the RAV4, the Yaris Cross would be a step too far in both size and performance. (The Corolla Cross or C-HR AWD would be worth considering if available in the UK.)

My wife's requirements are different. If she has need of a practical AWD, she simply takes mine. Instead, she wants something with a bit of go and a bit of style. She test drove a Mk4 Yaris and dismissed it as "too small" - but in reality she didn't take to a 1.5 hybrid at speed on the motorway when compared to her, then, 2.0 diesel. She now has a 2.0 C-HR (mk 1) that she is very happy with.

On paper and in practice, the performance difference between her car and mine is negligible. But she prefers her car because it feels lighter and more agile while mine is too big and heavy. I prefer mine because it feels more planted!

You will need to choose based on your own requirements. If you really want input from forum members, you probably ought to share a little of want those requirements are ... 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have an irrational hatred of SUVs so I'd vote for neither and say get a proper Yaris Mk4 :laugh: 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

That is one of the comparisons i want owners to discuss 😉

I kept my YC in my standard -size garage. The C-HR also goes in but it is slightly wider and I can't see the corners so I have to take more care.

The rear cabin in the YC was big enough for two adults, or three narrow ones, but some people found getting in difficult with the doors not opening wide enough. I've not had anyone in the back in the C-HR.

• Like 2

Yaris’s cross better looking car instead and outside imo, more practical too. 
Awd system it’s a joke so I exclude this as an useful option, fwd it’s the way to go and of awd car is required better be with something else like Suzuki vitara or Dacia duster.
For the Chr , it is the larger car and in the car business the larger is the better, the smoother, more refined drive. The new chr is ultra dark inside , unpractical and not to my like car. , perhaps others find it stunning, good looking outside especially in full black colour. 
Chr or Yaris cross really it’s  down to personal likes and circumstances.
I like Corolla cars hatchback, saloon or TS. 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Awd system it’s a joke so I exclude this as an useful option, fwd it’s the way to go and of awd car is required better be with something else like Suzuki vitara or Dacia duster.

I wasn't looking for an AWD  but if the price was right i may consider it just for the peace of mind in winter, i wouldn't be trying to climb huge hills or go off road in winter it would purely be for peace of mind when conditions turn nasty,  FWD will most likely do for me. 

• Like 2

@TonyHSD "The new chr is ultra dark inside , unpractical and not to my like car"

I was in a friends chr last week and with the daft privacy glass (dont see the point), it was like the black hole of calcutta in the back and visibility, particularly peripheral visibility was very poor. Friend relies on the rear view camera and the mirror blind spot monitoring.

Shame because the seats and interior are much nicer than the Yaris Cross.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

No comparison really - CHR all the way, only thing positive for Yaris cross  is the lower price

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is of interest to me as I am seriously thinking of getting the new C-HR, so much so that I have had a conversation with the dealer. I have read numerous reviews on t'net and watched loads of YouTube videos and am nearly convinced! Does some one want to try and talk me out of it .....? 😉

• Like 2

Chr wins by all means , it’s a totally different and bigger car. New Chr is lifted up Prius gen 5 where Yaris cross is lifted up Yaris mk4

In car business, bigger is always better. 

I still like the look of cross more and the practicality, but no way I can tell Yaris cross is better one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

C'mon chaps and chapesses, I have arranged a test drive and another 'discussion' for next Tuesday. If you do not hurry up with your reasons not to buy, I am going to have to get one!

• Like 2

On 3/18/2024 at 10:15 AM, Mushu84 said:

I drove both 

Cross 

It fells more roomier inside then the CHR do to height and more SUV when driving due to higher position,

Engine is both bad and good, small for the car but good at fuel economy if you so 80% town driving 

What I did not like, noisier inside then CHR, boot space on the smaller side comparing the 2

CHR

Is from my perspective a class over the Cross, better interior, design is different (both bod and good)

Better and bigger engine, boot space, bigger car, fells more like a Hatchback not a SUV

Prone to Catalytic theft 

I have owned both and will go back to the CHR as said it is a step up from the yaris cross.

On 3/18/2024 at 10:15 AM, Mushu84 said:

I drove both 

Cross 

CHR

Prone to Catalytic theft 

• Like 2

Ive just come out of a GR CH-R, I really liked it, you can't compare the two cars, chalk and cheese 

• Like 3

I like my C-HR as it suits my needs perfectly.

Missus has a new Yaris Cross on order as the one she tested out suited her needs much better then a C-HR would. 

She needs easy access for front passenger due to transporting an elderly parent & room in the boot for a wheel chair, Yaris Cross much more suitable out of the two vehicles for her.

Try both & pick the vehicle that suits your needs the best. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links