• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 PBH

PBH

• Registered Member
  • 9 posts
  • Toyota Model: Prius

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

Are you sure they are for a Gen3 HDD SatNav ;-)

Err in a short answer ...... no .... I am useless with HDD etc (nought to do with being female I assure you lol!, so how would I be sure that they are the correct version?

TVM
:thumbsup:

ps its a 2006 T spirit if that makes a difference, yet to be named.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#22 RNS

RNS

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Gen 3 Prius T spirit

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:20 PM

after reading all the posts on here about the built in sat nav.... with 32 day to go untill my prius..... i ordered a satnav from halfords lol :) better to be safe than sorry.

#23 Doesn'tExist

Doesn'tExist

I'm not green just tight

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Toyota Model: G3 Prius T-Spirit LED/Style Packs, DAB, iPod, JBL Upgrades, Tinted Windows

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

Lol funny Man!

#24 Fluffmeister

Fluffmeister

Advanced Club Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • First Name:Mickey
  • Toyota Model: Skoda Superb 2 1.8TSi SE Plus Twindoor
  • Year: 2012

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

It's not that bad, it's never failed to get me door to door using the 7 digit post code function, integrates into the HUD and the directions are clear enough, the only glitch I have had is with the roundabout / crossroad confusion I mentioned above, but that is countered with common sense.

Personally I would not be without the built in unit, I like the Nav, I like the better degree of control I have over the phone and music streaming settings, and the ipod control whilst dire is do-able with playlists and the touch screen interface.

I much prefer it to wires everywhere etc etc. on VAG group cars, the MFD3 / Columbus system is £1500 as an upgrade and it does not do 7 digit postcodes .... the T-Spirit is a bargain by comparison :)

#25 acetip

acetip

Top Rank Poster!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts
  • First Name:peter
  • Toyota Model: auris t spirit 1.6 vvti duel.
  • Year: 2007

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

It's not that bad, it's never failed to get me door to door using the 7 digit post code function, integrates into the HUD and the directions are clear enough, the only glitch I have had is with the roundabout / crossroad confusion I mentioned above, but that is countered with common sense.

Personally I would not be without the built in unit, I like the Nav, I like the better degree of control I have over the phone and music streaming settings, and the ipod control whilst dire is do-able with playlists and the touch screen interface.

I much prefer it to wires everywhere etc etc. on VAG group cars, the MFD3 / Columbus system is 1500 as an upgrade and it does not do 7 digit postcodes .... the T-Spirit is a bargain by comparison :)

there is no reason to have WIRES EVERYWHERE simple job to strip out the plug in socket and shorten the wire to ideal lengh.and dont forget tomtom and the such have battery in them thats good for at least a couple of hours before requiring plugging in, ive a tomtom 910 had it some years now all singing and all dancing.evan covers north america (though never taken it there) handy to have if hiring a motor.
a friend of mine barrows it when he goes abroad when he hires a car,speed camera alert are provided all over europe with it too and many other features you dont get in a toyotas rip off pricing sat nav.

#26 Doesn'tExist

Doesn'tExist

I'm not green just tight

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Toyota Model: G3 Prius T-Spirit LED/Style Packs, DAB, iPod, JBL Upgrades, Tinted Windows

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:42 PM

Many features like muting my stereo when it give directions...or not talking over me when I am on the phone, or removing itself from the dash when I quickly nip out to get a pint of milk in order to prevent having my window smashed in? Does a TomTom do that all? Great I'll have one instead Posted Image

#27 bobm

bobm

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Toyota Model: Prius T Spirit 2010 Gen 3..with Led lights and protection pack

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

hmmm...not sure mine mutes the stereo completly when giving directions, seems to just come through one speaker but the radio is still on the other speaker!!

#28 Doesn'tExist

Doesn'tExist

I'm not green just tight

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

hmmm...not sure mine mutes the stereo completly when giving directions, seems to just come through one speaker but the radio is still on the other speaker!!

You are right, mute wasn't the right word, it takes over one speaker so you can hear it properly....

#29 acetip

acetip

Top Rank Poster!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts
  • First Name:peter
  • Toyota Model: auris t spirit 1.6 vvti duel.
  • Year: 2007

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

Many features like muting my stereo when it give directions...or not talking over me when I am on the phone, or removing itself from the dash when I quickly nip out to get a pint of milk in order to prevent having my window smashed in? Does a TomTom do that all? Great I'll have one instead Posted Image

suggest you have your milk delivered.
the voice directions are given to to help get to you chosen destination.
why would you find fault with that.
but there we all have different preverences, and we are free to make choices,and we must be gratefull for that.
and i respect yours. as i hope you respect mine.
my son has an lexus with a simular sat nav to the toyota one, he is a high miliage driver he finds it ok in towns
but discribes it as rubbish outside them. he now uses a tomtom for longer journys. his batts last 3 hours.
he does not use a screen mounting but it sits on sort of bean bag and it does not move. as its used on a battery,
sticks it out of site in his glove box only when he parks in places where the public have access to.
when he has to hide it,it takes a couple of seconds.

#30 Seamaster73

Seamaster73

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • First Name:Other / Non
  • Toyota Model: T Spirit + Safety Pack
  • Year: 2011

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

Many features like muting my stereo when it give directions...or not talking over me when I am on the phone, or removing itself from the dash when I quickly nip out to get a pint of milk in order to prevent having my window smashed in?

You need sat nav to find a pint of milk?

You car's spec is the least of your worries.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users