Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

05 Avensis 2.2 Mpg In Town 31 Is Low

Ahmer

Hi

Bought Avensis 2.2 D4d 05 plate 10 days ago, after driving 600 Miles, the MPG iam getting is 31 in town and 45 on motorway, this is shown on computer.

Averege checked by brim to brim, 50 Liters 420 miles.(This was mostly motorway driving around 80 MPH)

Car last serviced at 48000 miles by previous owner at Toyota Dingles and present mileage is 55000 miles.

What sort of average should i be getting on my car?

Thanks

Your mpg sounds perfectly respectable to me. I am aware of where Chingford is in Englandshire, and your in town driving conditions consist mainly of bloody slow moving traffic going to that wee city down there. As for 45mpg at 80mph, that's exactly what I used to get on my Avensis, going up to 50mpg if I dropped to 72-75mph....which was like walking...!!!

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Sounds good to me, you not said what gear you was in at 80mph, on a quiet mororway driving within the speed limit i can exceed 50mpg in 5th/6th gear. Around town i feel that you are doing well at 30ish, i would not take much notice of the onbourd comuter reading.

Hi

Bought Avensis 2.2 D4d 05 plate 10 days ago, after driving 600 Miles, the MPG iam getting is 31 in town and 45 on motorway, this is shown on computer.

Averege checked by brim to brim, 50 Liters 420 miles.(This was mostly motorway driving around 80 MPH)

Car last serviced at 48000 miles by previous owner at Toyota Dingles and present mileage is 55000 miles.

Thanks

Ahmer you have not mentioned that how many of 420 miles were done in the city and how many of them were done on motorway?

Well I have D-4D and considering that I do about 70% A roads driving and rest in the city I get about 450 miles out of 52 liters. (and I stick to 70mph).

Hope that helps.

Your mpg sounds perfectly respectable to me. I am aware of where Chingford is in Englandshire, and your in town driving conditions consist mainly of !Removed! slow moving traffic going to that wee city down there. As for 45mpg at 80mph, that's exactly what I used to get on my Avensis, going up to 50mpg if I dropped to 72-75mph....which was like walking...!!!

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Thanks forur response.

Sounds good to me, you not said what gear you was in at 80mph, on a quiet mororway driving within the speed limit i can exceed 50mpg in 5th/6th gear. Around town i feel that you are doing well at 30ish, i would not take much notice of the onbourd comuter reading.

On motorway at 80 MPH the gear i drive is 6th, in town 10 to 20 MPH - 2nd gear, any thing above 20 MPH till 30 MPH is 3rd gear and above 30 MPH 4th gear around all around 2000 RPM.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks

Ahmer you have not mentioned that how many of 420 miles were done in the city and how many of them were done on motorway?

Well I have D-4D and considering that I do about 70% A roads driving and rest in the city I get about 450 miles out of 52 liters. (and I stick to 70mph).

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Out of 420 miles, i did A roads 70% and the rest was local.

Hi

Thanks

Hope that helps.

Thanks

not being nosy but how much did you pay for this car....mileages are good on it.

Hi

Thanks

Hope that helps.

Thanks

not being nosy but how much did you pay for this car....mileages are good on it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links