Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Flush?....

Crustynuggets

Today I booked an Intermediate service with my local Toyota dealership for next Wednesday. My car has done just over 20,000 miles, but this will be its third service as a full service was done when I bought the car at 11,000 (it's only 18 months old.)

They offered an "engine flush' for an additional £21.50 on top of the £169 service price, and what with me being a bit green when it comes to cars, I said yes.

However, after looking around here and getting further advice it would seem that this additional "service" is completely unnecessary if the car is well maintained in line with the Toyota requirements.

I consequently phoned them to say I now don't want this done. I must admit I'm a bit miffed at initially falling for what seems like a con by the dealerships to fleece more money. :ffs:

Surely if MR T wanted the engine flushed he'd write it into his service schedule?........

Today I booked an Intermediate service with my local Toyota dealership for next Wednesday. My car has done just over 20,000 miles, but this will be its third service as a full service was done when I bought the car at 11,000 (it's only 18 months old.)

They offered an "engine flush' for an additional £21.50 on top of the £169 service price, and what with me being a bit green when it comes to cars, I said yes.

However, after looking around here and getting further advice it would seem that this additional "service" is completely unnecessary if the car is well maintained in line with the Toyota requirements.

I consequently phoned them to say I now don't want this done. I must admit I'm a bit miffed at initially falling for what seems like a con by the dealerships to fleece more money. :ffs:

Surely if MR T wanted the engine flushed he'd write it into his service schedule?........

Hello,

I'm sure you made the right decision this time with the history of your cars service record vs mileage done. It may be warranted buying a high mileage car with no service history but even then these flushing agents could disturb crud which may block oil galleries later, I would only flush an engine with cheapo engine oil then drain it once warm and then put the recommended oil in along with a new oil filter. :yes:

I agree with you it's just another way for them to make money during these tough times.

Regards Pete.

We used to do that years ago when the engine oil was not so advanced. MT tried always to get extra out of me, including telling me my rear brake pads were worn, I took a photo of them and sent it to head office, I did get over a year out of them after.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links