Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Good News For Rav 4 Owners !

CharlieFarlie

My Neighbour the one with the posh latest version of the Rav was in the near to Us Dealers Western Toyota (Dunfermline)The main sales bloke told Him that there is a big shortage of Used Rav4s... They simply cant get enough of the things !!

Apparently the Rav has just been named by What Car as Number 1 used 4x4 and the best used 4x4 vehicle on sale in the UK today !!

So Gentlemen and Ladies on the count of 3 a huge Smug grin !!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Wee Smug Charlie.

My Neighbour the one with the posh latest version of the Rav was in the near to Us Dealers Western Toyota (Dunfermline)The main sales bloke told Him that there is a big shortage of Used Rav4s... They simply cant get enough of the things !!

Apparently the Rav has just been named by What Car as Number 1 used 4x4 and the best used 4x4 vehicle on sale in the UK today !!

So Gentlemen and Ladies on the count of 3 a huge Smug grin !!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Wee Smug Charlie.

I just received a press release from Warranty Direct: most reliable used car: Honda; 2nd most reliable: Toyota.

Least reliable: oh, now here's a surprise..................Land Rover! And those muppets at Autocar continue to rate it as world's best 4x4. I really wonder how much Tata is bunging them to keep repeating that pack of lies.

And from What Car?: the top 10 most reliable manufacturers are all Japanese apart from Hyundai & Kia at 8 & 9 respectively. Nissan just squeezed in at no. 10 despite the parts sharing debacle with Renault having torpedoed their once famed reputation for durability. And you'll never guess who's last in this table.................yes, good old "best 4x4xfar" Land Rover. There must be an enormous number of people out there with more money than brains.

So, I'm with you, Small Charles with smug grin, 3 cheers for Toyota (OK only 2 since they came second....).

Thats good news Charlie :thumbsup:

Smug Grin ????????????????? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wee Charlie.

Well we knew that all along didn't we chaps,and those of the fairer sex, but it is nice for it to be proclaimed so that we can once again say ::: TOLD YOU SO!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Del

Jim, love the quote on the Nissan/Renault debacle. It sums up to a tee my thoughts on the current Nissan range of so called crossovers. The Juke is a total Joke, get the pun and the QQ unless you buy the diesel 4x4 model is another complete waste of space. Tell me why do Nissan Dealers think they have cornered the market with those two ranges of crossovers.

I was watching a vid on Youtube the other day of a 1.5 dci QQ trying to get out of mud and snow, you can guess the consquieces!!!!!

Sorry about the rant, just glad I,ve got a quality Japanese motor

Regards Clare

Jim, love the quote on the Nissan/Renault debacle. It sums up to a tee my thoughts on the current Nissan range of so called crossovers. The Juke is a total Joke, get the pun and the QQ unless you buy the diesel 4x4 model is another complete waste of space. Tell me why do Nissan Dealers think they have cornered the market with those two ranges of crossovers.

I was watching a vid on Youtube the other day of a 1.5 dci QQ trying to get out of mud and snow, you can guess the consquieces!!!!!

Regards Clare

Shame about some of the rav engines though, waiting for the head gasket to go, thinking will it or wont it. mind you mr t covers them, even if your on the third failure as some have exprianced.do other lesser makes suffer this common fault.

Regards Clare

Hi Clare,

Yes, it's very interesting when you consider that the initial game plan was to give Nissan a stronger European platform & Renault access to Japanese QC/QA expertise to assist lean manufacturing. However, it seems that Nissan have instead been infected by traditional Gallic unreliability. I agree that the QQ is the least attractive car I've seen in a long time and its position as best selling cross-over simply confirms how undemanding and unimaginative your average Brit punter is. The Joke should never have left the drawing board and as for the Leaf, just wait until Winter sets in and the temp reduces Battery efficiency to 60 miles or so. I fear that Nissan have lost the plot and their 4x4's are in danger of becoming the Land Rovers of Asia.

:g: may be time to sell the nrg :unsure:

but it's a 3drs not made any more so we keep her :lol:

Yasss.... Stick that right up ye'!

Golly Gosh Webz.....I do so wish you would get to the point and desist from beating about the bush....obviously you've just been on holiday in France, to the quaint village of GIRUY....?

Big Kev :lol:

He he, what can I say apart from I already have 1) a Honda & 2) a Toyota :yahoo:

Hi to everybody on the Rav4 club

Not new to the toyotaowners club as have owned an Aygo and a Verso SR 2.2 D4D.

I am just wating to pick up my Rav 4 XT-R 2.2 D4D on wednesday. I have managed to get an imaculate 08 (April 2008) plate with only 10,400 miles on the clock from my local dealer that only equates to 240 odd miles per month and it looks like it just come out the show room.

Just need to get some roofrails. Think i'll go for black on a silver car as the silver rails are so expensive.

Nice to know i will be owning the best selling 4x4.

Nice One, and such a low mileage. You,ll still be able to smell the "newness" when you get inside it!!!!!

Regards Clare :thumbsup:

Dont get black rails!! If have just this morning fitted silver roof rails to our silver 08 xtr and it looks great.

Cant imagine black ones looking as good. Go on, its only an extra hundred bucks!

Hi to everybody on the Rav4 club

Not new to the toyotaowners club as have owned an Aygo and a Verso SR 2.2 D4D.

I am just wating to pick up my Rav 4 XT-R 2.2 D4D on wednesday. I have managed to get an imaculate 08 (April 2008) plate with only 10,400 miles on the clock from my local dealer that only equates to 240 odd miles per month and it looks like it just come out the show room.

Just need to get some roofrails. Think i'll go for black on a silver car as the silver rails are so expensive.

Nice to know i will be owning the best selling 4x4.

Superb. You'll love it!!! And to ask to question everyone is thinking... How much???

Silver rails definitely !!!Not biased or anything !!

Rav4July2011005.jpg

Wee Charlie.

I suppose thats why Mr T Offerd me Silly Money to trade in my 2005 XTR last week :toast:

More than I paid for it 3yrs ago!!! :yahoo:

Charlie - what's that Badge on your front grill - does it say 4WD & was that there when you bought it or did you put it on?

Silver rails definitely !!!Not biased or anything !!

Rav4July2011005.jpg

Wee Charlie.

Was that photie taken during curfew hours as I noticed the gates were shut? :yahoo::lol::lol:

Del

Charlie - what's that badge on your front grill - does it say 4WD & was that there when you bought it or did you put it on?

It stands for foreward,so he knows which is the front :yes: Stew

Don,t think the 4WD Badge is a OME part. Never seen one on the front of a Rav.I used to have a TTE(thats a blast from the past)on the front and rear of my 4.1 Rav, and a Toyota sport one on the rear door of my T180.

Regards Clare

Charlie - what's that badge on your front grill - does it say 4WD & was that there when you bought it or did you put it on?

Yes it says 4WD. Was on the car when I got it Mate... :thumbsup:

I just went out - take the wife out to lunch and went past my local mitsu dealer and they where just putting out a 56 plate XT5 Rav 4 in a light metallic blue, front nose job and side steps etc, but I couldnt see the price, never mind I thought to myself I'll have a look on the way back, two hours later, ok long lunch agreed, I had a look and he was just replacing the price sign with sold.

He wouldnt tell me what it was sold for, but did say if I left mine out their much longer he would sell it just as quickly :eek:

Gus

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links