Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Number Plate Spray

silverrims

hi all , anyone tried that spray thats suppsoed to obscure your number plates when the camera flashes you ?? not that i would consider using it of course as it is against the law to do such a thing and i have the utmost respect for our brave police force sitting there counting all that money from fines with no regard to their own safety , brave lads. ;)

As far as i know they dont work that well, the new cameras are also supposed to be able to read flashback or polarized number plates anyway.

yeah its the same as the Clingfilm theory...most speed cameras use Infrared and anti flash back!

only way round this is to fit james bond type revolving plates :ph34r:

someone told me that they use hair moose

believe it or not the only way to drive through one and not get caught is to take the plates off and even then a photo of your car will land on every traffic cops dash for them to be on the look out!

i saw a program where they used proper james bond style technology to just alter and change the light levels and saturation of the pictures and they will eventually see it!

I got flashed ages back .. no plates, no fine .. :thumbsup:

why not drive at 155MPH,

no flash + no fine = cheesy grin

believe it or not the only way to drive through one and not get caught is to take the plates off and even then a photo of your car will land on every traffic cops dash for them to be on the look out!

i saw a program where they used proper james bond style technology to just alter and change the light levels and saturation of the pictures and they will eventually see it!

If the cops have to put the pictures through any filters...or enhance them in anyway..they are not admissable in court. As they have been altered.

Most of the time..when the little letter pops through your door saying you were snapped at doing 50 in a 40 area...and that you should pay £60 or face court.

Chances are if you ask for the picture...they will drop the charge...as the picture is not clear enough to convict you. My dad's done this twice...and they dropped it immediatly.

however!! The Gatsos' etc are a damn site better than they were...and they are now also taking pictures of the driver...and not just the plate...so you can't say that you don't remeber who was driving at the time.

Vipes

drive with the sun visor down and sit upright in your seat and they wont get your face :thumbsup:

drive with the sun visor down and sit upright in your seat and they wont get your face

Or wear a banaclava & sunglasses :thumbsup:

Kaz

I wish I'd asked for a copy of the photo when i got NIP'd..

yeah ill remember that one if the gets ever get me!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links