Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tacoma Brake Problem

oceansidedriver

:angry: I bought a new Tacoma about 6 months ago for my daughter. She had been noticing vibrations when braking for a couple of months and her brakes were making a lot of noise. I took it to the dealership today and discovered that the brake pads were very badly worn even though this truck only has 13,000 miles on it. It cost $265 to change them. These pads probably should have been changed two or three months ago, but my daughter did now know what the problem was until recently. I've been talking to several Toyota owners and it sounds like there is a presistent problem with the brakes. I told the service people at the dealership that I did not want to pay to replace brake pads at 13,000 miles, but that argument didn't go anywhere. I want to know why these brake pads are wearing out so quickly - what are they made of - paper? My Lexus has 50,000 miles on it and I've never had a single problem with the brakes. My husbands Infinity has over 100,000 miles on it and he's only had the brakes worked on once. Why is it that Toyota is able to put inferior brake pads on their trucks and we have to pay hundreds of dollars to have them replaced over and over again? Isn't there anyone I can complain to? This is dangerous and should not be tolerated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links