Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Door Trim Removal

09 Avensis 2.0 D4D Serbia

Dear All,

I need to replace the driver mirror on the new shape avensis. In order to do that, the door trim has to be taken off.

By any chance, is there someone who has detailed instructions for this job? I would like to know wheare are all screws and bolts located, as I can see only one on the rear edge that is not hidden.

Thanks!

Update.

I found the following screws:

1. Behind door opening leaver

2. Two screws behind the cover on the hand grab part

3. The one that I already mentioned

So, is this all... four in total...? or should I lift the arm rest also...? arm rest is the last thing that looks like it could be taken off, but it doesn't give that easily and I was cautious not te exert to much force, but if it has to go off, then it will (at the end). If it goes of, could you let me know if I pull up, or out?

Thanks!

Update no. 2

I did it. Yes, it is four screws and a bunch of clips.

Also, you have to take out and disconnect the panel with window regulator switches.

Warning light has to be taken out and disconnected.

Door handle has to be "twisted out" once the panel is being taken off.

Driver memory switch has to stay in place, but make sure you disconnect it before you fully remove the panel.

Arm rest stays in place, no need for removal.

Once you undo the screws, start unclipping from the bottom, or bottom rear corner. This worked for me fine. For this, use a cloth over a thin metal tool, or use a wooden flat spoon, this worked perfect for me.

Once removed, you have to disconnect the wing mirror wire loom, and to take out the plastic fitting through which the wire loom passes. Once you remove this you will be able to see the nuts holding the wing mirror. You will need some deep "keys" to unscrew these.

Also, when removing the panel, watch for little "fabric" washers between the plastic clips and the door. They either stay in the clip or stick to the door. I guess these are not so crucial, and it is not dramatic if you loose some, but as they are there, they must have some purpose.

Also, plastic window frame is just clipped to the rest of the door panel. By holding down the plastic window frame, pull out the door panel. It clips out nicely.

When replacing, follow this procedure in reverse, and make double sure that you clip in all the clips.

Thats it for now.

Now I am going onto replacing just the mirror indicator assy, I will post soon... This should be easier.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links