• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • First Name:Mike
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Yaris
  • Year: 2008

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

According to official figures from Toyota the hybrid weighs less than my Aygo ....

Wot? Even without checking I didn't believe that.
Checking on the Toyota website gives the Aygo MMT kerb weight as 830kg and the Yaris Hybrid as 1150 kg - that's about 25% heavier.
The Aygo GVW is 1180 kg which is a bit more than the Yaris kerb, so I suspect you have mixed your rows and weights up. (Yaris Hybrid GVW is 1565 kg)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#12 Madasafish

Madasafish

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • First Name:Michael
  • Toyota Model: Yaris D4D T spirit (son has 1.0 GS)
  • Year: 2003

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

I would love a hybrid. I test drove a Prius earlier this year and was impressed. What I do like is the utter silence at lights and in traffic jams.. And the smooth and seamless gearchanges.

A Yaris hybrid would fit nicely in parking spaces...

I must be getting old :-)

#13 Wh1teLeopard

Wh1teLeopard

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • First Name:Emily
  • Gender*:Female
  • Toyota Model: Yaris Hybrid
  • Year: 2012

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

You are quite right Mike, silly me!

#14 BassaJay

BassaJay

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Toyota Model: Auris Icon 1.6 Valvematic CVT

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

I'm not sure what the top video was in aid of but the bottom one was quite amusing :lol:

I was a bit worried Toyota have blunted its edge in the name of mpg, but if it has the strong instant response that I love oh so much on my D4D it'll do well. The best thing about the 1.4 D4Ds is you can drive them sensibly and get ludicrous mpg but if you want to get silly and hoon about it can do that too! I've not had that in any other car; They've either been economical and boring with no umph, or fun but thirsty as heck...
I'd love to get one of these for my Dad tho' - Not for economy or anything, just that the HSD's are IMHO the best automatics you can buy since they started phasing out torque converters. So smooth and seamless!

The only other decent auto box I've tried is the VW DSG but when that thing goes wrong the repair can easily be in the £4000 area! :eek:

The first video is a sensible decent appraisal of the Yaris Hybrid, unlike those from many other so called 'hacks'. This is a very comprehensive coverage of it, with some good gallery pics http://www.netcarsho...3-yaris_hybrid/

Yes if a DSG goes wrong once out of warranty it could be expensive as could any semi automatic/automatic transmissions including CVTs. There are two types of DSG boxes normally used by VAG, a 6 speed wet type for the higher torque engines and a lighter 7 speed dry type used on lower torque engines. There are many DSG owners who have covered very high mileages without problems, I know of a taxi driver who's 2 ltr Octavia diesel DSG has done over 180,000 miles absolutely trouble free.

#15 BassaJay

BassaJay

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Toyota Model: Auris Icon 1.6 Valvematic CVT

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

Can anyone please confirm if the non hybrid Yaris T Spirit's standard fit panoramic roof blind is manually or electrically operated ? I was under the impression it is manually operated but according to the Hybrid's info for the factory fitted optional one, that is electrically operated. Unlike the non hybrid Yaris, there is no standard fit one available for the Hybrid, only a factory fit option.

Quote:-

" PANORAMIC ROOF This is a fixed glass roof feature that adds light and space to the cabin. The glass can be hidden by closing the roof with an electric blind"

Finding hard to believe Toyota supply two different versions, a manual one and a powered one ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users