Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paseo Vs Mr2

mute

hi all,

i own a paseo el44 with the stock 5efev and i was going to put the nice 4agze engine in it how ever a mate told me to cut my losses and buy a mr2 (with a 4agze)

is he crazy? i like my paseo but will it hold up against the mr2?

ps. im trying to get some pic up for u guys. oh and thanks for the help on the radio....or lack of! to set it hold tune up and 1, enter the code, then press scan

itll probably be less money for the mr2, the mr2 will probably be more reliable and easier to mantain than the modded seo, u'll also need to uprate everything else on the seo to be able to use the extra power - brakes, suspension, fuel pump, even the seo fuel tank will probably be too small (as in ud only get 150 miles to a tank)

BUT their are thousands of mr2s and hardly any /none seos with that lump in. if u got the patience /cash /time/energy/brains to it then do it, but remember that everything else needs doing and its not just a case of bolt out bolt in

BYP in miami, florida does the 4agze swap into a tercel/paseo for about 3500 USD. personally i wouldnt buy one of those old mr2's just for the motor. The car is extremely ugly and boxy and is heavier than the seo. dropping 3500 USD for about 170 hp looks like a waste of time to me, however. the shop also does the 4efte or only 2000 USD. Its very easy to get 200 hp out of the 4efte with the extra 1500 dollars. i like the idea of a 4agze paseo not only for the power but also for the "cool" factor of having it. driving one of those old mr2's just says "i drive an old, spent boxy ****" with 170 hp

err im really sorry guys i didnt reply sooner but i had to go away to the gold coat

but ive just had the car serviced and needs a new timing belt, $400 ****.. so thanks for the replys and i think im gonna do it. anyone one else done it?, anyway ill add so pics soon if i can, learning linux at the moment, and yeh it would be very very cool to say i have a cherry red paseo with 200hp frount wheel drive 4agze! (im compeating with mates, astra,corolla and a mr2 in bad condition, lol shouldnt be driven really!)

for any auzzies out there its about $1500 for the 4agze from SA

ps sorry for late reply if i didnt say that before!

tell me what u got under the hood!!

i've never seen the swap but you have to custom do everything from what i've heard. the only other thing about getting the older mr2 it has rwd which holds over the paseo. just one other thing to consider. yeah the weight is a factor too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links