Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Filter Casing

KSC

Hi,

Just changed my oil filter on the Yaris, and damaged the outer casing on the filter while tightening it back on. Does this cause any harm to the filter inside or to the function of the filter?

Damage is a crease type dent on the bottom end, about a 1.5cm long

On something so small I wouldn't think it would do any harm

oh ok just wanted to make sure, read afterwards that you're only meant to tighten it with your hand, but i used a gripper which dented the bottom inwards on one side only, so wanted to be sure it doesnt cause any harm on the inside bits of the filter

Out of interest though, if i wanted to change just the filter can i do that without loosing all the new oil? and would the oil constantly flow out if the filter was removed, or would it stop allowing me to put the new one on

appreciate some feedback, thanks

You will lose a little oil but it does not run out like a tap. It can be a bit messy though so have a small container and a few cloths / rags about you to mop up and clean any drips and spills

Kingo :thumbsup:

A dent will make no difference to filter action unless really large..Filter material is soft and will bend easily...

Thanks guys, for my peace of mind I changed it, only lost a bit of oil so topped up after.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links