Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris T180 Engine Noise

Black Auris T180

I wonder if anyone could help with some advice please. I have a chanting / whirring rattle noise in my engine whilst it is idling.

Grateful of any help, thank you.

I have the same noise. You'll find that in warmer temps the noise isn't there.

You'll also find that when you turn your air con on the noise disappears.

I've had my aux belt and tensioner changed and it made no difference therefore to me it's definitely something with the air con compressor!

• 1 month later...

Hi Phil

Quick update

Got the car back from Toyota who fitted and brand new Aircon Compressor and the chanting has now stopped.

Your suspicions were correct.

Hope this helps

Oh. My dealer said it was the thermostat housing? It's in next week for it and a service... will update!

That's what I still believe it to be but they wanna try the thermostat housing. I'll update when I get the outcome.

Hi Phil

Quick update

Got the car back from Toyota who fitted and brand new Aircon Compressor and the chanting has now stopped.

Your suspicions were correct.

Hope this helps

I notice that your model is 2007 year - how much did the repair cost just out of interest?

I have a Toyota extended warranty - i'd be really happy if my noise is also the AC compressor and it's covered... purely because to me it's more of a nuisance but I guess at the end of the day if it's making a noise then something must have failed?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Phil,

Not sure how much it cost. I did research the part price afterwards and it looks to be around the £600 mark. I've now traded the Auris T180 in for an Auris T-Spirit Hybrid which should prove to be a lot more reliable.

Mine A/C compressor was replaced under the extended Toyota warranty!

• 3 months later...

Got my AC compressor changed under toyota extended warranty to cure the noise too.

Total cost paid for by warranty - just under £1200.00.

Hi

Is this only when idle. Our Auris has some strange noise or increase of vibration, but it happens around the 1600-2000 rpm and not every time. Mostly when in gear and climbing. If it's not in gear the noise does not appear at all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links