Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Light Feed

dazuk

hi i have bought some door sills that light up i need to connect them to the interior light feed so the illuminate when the doors open where can i pick up the feed for the interior light near the footwell also what colours are the wires i need?

thanks for any help.

darrell

car is a rav 4.3

My first thought would be to disconnect the wire to the door switch and connect one of the wires from the new lights to it and then connect the other back on the switch thereby bringing it in to the circuit.

If they are LED lights and they do not work switch the new wires

Del

tried that doesnt work the door switch is not live.

The door switches create an earth when the doors are opened, attached is guide from Toyota for fitting footwell lighting, the kit is plug n play but shows you which plug in the junction box is for the interior lights, from there you should be able to identify the wires you need: http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7B534A767A-E26C-7D2B-2CEC-996D00D6E26C%7D/Rav4_Interior_Lighting_RHD_08527_42800_AIM_001_435_0.pdf

• Like 1

thanks for that a bit confusing but shows how to remove under dash trim i looked again earlier and im going to tap into the footwell wiring know how to get glove box out didnt know how to get the trim holding footwell light out but the diagramn you posted the link to shows how tro get it off.#

thanks for your time you have been a great help thank you.

darrell

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links