Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2004 Alarm

pelfed

I have a 2004 avensis resently aquired, but have no manual.

Had it for over 3 weeks and last night the alarm went off at 2:30am.

I turned it off with the key fob, but it went off again (3 times in total).

In the end I went outside and unlocked the door which seemed to stop it.

I'm not sure if I have maybe pressed the key fob buttons too many times and set it into a different mode to when I bought the car.

Is there a special key sequence on the fob for turning the internal sensors on / off?

will using the key manually in the door lock stop this happening?

Any help would be most useful before the neighbors complain and or I do a faulty towers on the damn thing.

BTW - it only goess of at nighttime it seems as it did it tonight at 9:30pm. probably air pressure due to heat of the day?

A few years ago I was camping (on a campsite) in Scotland. The was about 3ft away and the alarm went off in the middle of the night. It was a very rude awakening being only a few feet away. I reckon it was a flying insect of some sort. I cancelled the alarm, opened the car door and then locked the door manually with the key itself, thus the alarm was not activated.

You don't have a moth or something inside the cabin do you..known this happen before.

There should be a button on the overhead console where the interior lights are, press this before leaving the car, the light on/next to it will begin to flash and it will disable the movement sensor but leave the perimiter sensors etc on, or just lock with the key if you are happy with no alarm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links