Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question About 2.0 D-4D Sr Front Brake Pads And Rear Disc Size.

Tassel

Hey there.

Just bought some MTEC brake discs for my baby (2.0 D-4D SR). Well I've almost bought them, due to a ***** up with eBay's compatability checker I've ended up ordering ones that wont actually fit.

MTEC have kindly notified me and have asked me to check out the front brake pad type and the rear brake disc size so they can send me the right stuff.

Was wondering if anyone knows the standard OEM size of the rear discs. MTEC said it's either 269mm or 279mm. Am planning to check myself, but wont get round to it till Sunday, as it'll be dark by the time I get home from work tomorrow.

Also whether I need front pads for the Akebono or Lucas system. Not to sure how to check this one out myself.

Have tried searching for my answers online but kept confusing myself.

Oh and would people recommend dimpled and grooved or drilled and grooved, while (I think) I've still got time to say which I want MTEC to send me.

Hi Martin, although I can't be sure which size of rear disc you need I can suggest which type to go for. I've got grooved only on the rear and drilled/grooved on the front. This is because the 2.2 diesel is a heavy lump & I wasn't inspired by the standard brakes. They were okay, just not great. So I went for those Mtec discs with Mintex pads & they're a definite improvement, but just for more feel and a stronger pedal response I also had the hoses replaced with braided steel versions. The result is quite impressive and I know now that I have good brakes if or when I need them - always a nice feeling.

Grooved only discs for your lighter 2.0 model should be more than adequate :)

Thanks John Candy! (*grins*)

Wanting to go for the either dimpled or drilled more for looks than adequacy. Even though that is a consideration as I do tend to be a bit mental at times.

My work van is tracked/monitored and limited to 58, so I try and get stuff out of my system on late night random drives in my car.

I do intend to get out to my car on Sunday and measure her discs, unless I find my self at a tyre place like I'm semi-planning to as she's due some new feet. In that case I can ask them for advice.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links