Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Cam Footage

Wiz201

Like too many drivers today, not paying attention to what is going on around them, and certainly not checking their mirrors.

• Like 1

where did you get the dash cam from its not a bad quality picture?

where did you get the dash cam from its not a bad quality picture?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GRYT5QI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

It doesn't have a Battery so you have to use it every day to keep the date/time updated but that's the idea anyway.

I agree the footage is good, I'd consider one but for the time date thing, either way the clear recording makes viewing easy so I'll defend the Rover a little. He's heading for M62East (like you), it's dark and it's wet and it seems a fairly complicated junction (the whole thing), he's in the correct lane right up until your local knowledge at 1:28 allows you to make the right to left lane change on the roundabout as soon as it becomes available. There's nothing (other than the fact the right hand lane fans out into 2) to tell a stranger that a move to the left should have be made at that point. However, he does miss the sign at 1:31. Despite your earlier swiftness and confident lane positioning, you continue on his rear left flank perhaps with a suspicion that he may well be looking for M62East?

He should have seen the sign at 1:31 and I won't defend his sudden move from right to left (albeit with a signal) when he sees the M62 slip but I can sympathise (especially if he was stranger to the junction) with his predicament and to be fair, you didn't have to take any extreme evasive action..........

I'm impressed by the camera though.

• Like 1

I agree the footage is good, I'd consider one but for the time date thing, either way the clear recording makes viewing easy so I'll defend the Rover a little. He's heading for M62East (like you), it's dark and it's wet and it seems a fairly complicated junction (the whole thing), he's in the correct lane right up until your local knowledge at 1:28 allows you to make the right to left lane change on the roundabout as soon as it becomes available. There's nothing (other than the fact the right hand lane fans out into 2) to tell a stranger that a move to the left should have be made at that point. However, he does miss the sign at 1:31. Despite your earlier swiftness and confident lane positioning, you continue on his rear left flank perhaps with a suspicion that he may well be looking for M62East?

He should have seen the sign at 1:31 and I won't defend his sudden move from right to left (albeit with a signal) when he sees the M62 slip but I can sympathise (especially if he was stranger to the junction) with his predicament and to be fair, you didn't have to take any extreme evasive action..........

I'm impressed by the camera though.

I wasn't that close to his flank otherwise I wouldn't have been able to brake in time. He also left it so late for signalling too. If I was in his position I would have continued round the roundabout which would have been a safer menouver..

i have said for a long long time that after a period of time say 5years that a refresher lesson should be taken to show you the error of your ways just like a cbt for a bike(2 yrs i know) but the difference being that if you are considered to be dangerous then your licence could be revoked and a new test would need to be taken.

what do you think ???

i have said for a long long time that after a period of time say 5years that a refresher lesson should be taken to show you the error of your ways just like a cbt for a bike(2 yrs i know) but the difference being that if you are considered to be dangerous then your licence could be revoked and a new test would need to be taken.

what do you think ???

They won't do that, it might end up costing them money. Think of all the missed fines revenue cos they put a lot of bad drivers off the road. More drivers equals more cars, equals more road tax sold, more petrol sold etc ec. If they actually wanted to deter bad driving they would ban you sooner, but by keeping the bad drivers on the road they earn about a fine each year from each of them. That's also why, IMHO, the penalty points awarded are generally 3, they can earn a fine every year on average and still keep that driver on the road. It's all about money.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links