Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Big Brake Kit

Chuba

Hi,

I own a 2005 Corolla RunX (Sold in the UK as the T-Sport,I think)with the 1.8 2ZZ-GE motor. I recently started practicing for road race competitions organised on closed public roads and the car is performing pretty awesome even up against the subaru turbos with their fartcanons.

The problem i have is that the event is a two stage deal where you run the sprint in one direction and then run in back the other way. By stage 2, my brakes are shot and I wouldnt want to get the spectators or myself hurt so I usually need to drive quite a bit slower.

Short story, i would like to get bigger brakes. Is there any aftermarket supplier for the corolla? Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

This thread needs a bump, I've got my T Sport just about how I want it suspension wise, but even with with braided hoses, new discs & Ferodo DS2500 pads the brakes are terrible.

I had a 306 Rallye with Brembo calipers & 330mm rotors & they were epic!

Are there calipers & discs from another Toyota model that can be fitted to a T Sport to give that much needed braking improvement?

Cheers!

B)

Have a word with Stewart at Freaky Parts. He supplies a Wilwood BBK for the Celica, and may be able to help.

Nice one, thank you very much Mr Arrow!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking into increasing the diameter of my front discs, after a bit of research I think I've found some that should just about do the job, they are 324mm diameter and the height from outer flange face to inner face of the disc is within 3mm of standard. I know I'll need to get some holes put in on 100mm PCD before I can fit them & work out the size & design of calipers bracket I'll need.

Now here is my problem, do I use the std calipers or do I bin them & use the pair of Brembo 4 pot calipers I have from a 406 V6, opinions would be appreciated!!

Here's what arrived in the post the other day...

4772BF4F-83CC-4BA7-AF2C-01712B17F54E.jpg

B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links