Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Requires Advice

falcoron

Hello, just bought my 18 year old her first car, it's a wee 2000 Yaris with a measly 23 k miles, drives like new, has a few bits of paintwork to make really nice, I have an issue I would appreciate advice on please.

The rear pass side floor is a puddle, I have lifted the carpet a bit and removed the drain bungs to drain out the lying water but the carpet in that area is soaking. Was a little in boot too but not much, I removed drains here too.

The car has a manual sunroof. And is a 5 door 1000 vtti, Is this a fault that is common on these? And where should I look after the door Rubbers are checked. They look ok with no obvious damage to the rubber. All answers and suggestions appreciated please.

Hello Ron - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

The sunroof should have drain tubes inside the recess where the sunroof fits - sometimes these get blocked with debris.

Thanks guys, I had a quick look for drain holes but didn't see them, there was a plastic cover in the corners, I will get a better look in daylight again and clear them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links