Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New To Celica's

Deanwhitham

Hello, ive just brought a Celica 2000 model, im new to Toyota Celica's and im reading bad news about oil burning issues and a death rattle...... have i brought a dud?

Hello Dean - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thread moved to the Celica club.

Hi, Dean & welcome to T.O.C.

If it's a 140, you won't know until you've had the car a while, keeping an eagle eye on the dipstick in the meantime. Toyota have made available a revised dipstick, which increases the oil capacity to a little over four litres.

If it's an early 190, that engine doesn't have the inherent problem in the piston ring area, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't check the oil level regularly.

which model.??..140 or 190.?..as Scarlett Arrow say...the 190's never suffered the oil issue...and it isn't a given that every pre-facelift 140 did either...depends on how it's been looked after..and had regular oil changes. I do mine every 5000 miles... even though it's a facelift model which had the basic oil problem sorted.!

Check your dipstick regularly.!..and importantly...enjoy the car.!

Neil

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links