Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Receiving Email On X Touch

Dark Matter

Another technical challenge that has so far defeated me.

My HTC M8 is working fine with the bluetooth connection to the X Touch. , all except receiving email.

MMS all load and display fine but the email tab shows a transferring emails pop up but then the list is blank.

The manual had a broken English explanation that frankly is gibberish.

Page 95

"Messages are displayed in the appropriate connected Bluetooth® phone is registered mail address folder. Select the tab of the desired folder to be displayed".

It then shows 2 tabs email1 and email2 , but I only have email1.

Registered email address folder.... What ?

It seems it isn't looking in the right place on the phone for the emails, so it could be a setting there.

Anyone got this working ?

Hold the front page !

A message from my good friends at Toyota.

“I regret to advise you the systems in your Aygo and HTC are not compatible for email messaging.”

Shame. The speed of the response indicates it’s a frequently asked question. A future update form HTC may resolve it. At least contact list and SMS seems to work.

Let me guess – it all works on a ruddy iPhone!!!!!

I guess this is an HTC and/or Android issue whereby the transmission of emails via bluetooth is not supported in the MAP (Message Access Profile). If the phone isn’t transmitting the data I guess it is unfair criticism of the X-Touch not to display it. However I would have had an advisory message saying “Data not available” rather than a confirmation message saying “Loading Messages” and then a blank list being displayed. I work in software design and testing and this alone would have failed every test I can think of. This is sloppy design again, like the missing Nav clock. This was highlighted yesterday when my partner saw the Nav screen for the first time. Within 30 seconds she said “where’s the clock?” It beggars belief that through all the testing and design phases no one at Toyota asked the same question.

I have an iPhone 4 and the only thing that works is the phone calls, no emails or SMS so yours is better than mine.

Always make sure your phone has the latest firmware on it. The biggest problem we have is customers who do not update the phone

Getting emails requires you to connect the touch to the internet as you may be aware, more in the following video

https://youtu.be/bjFSwYP0lx8?list=PLMJ_oV58WE4Ft9ZjZQ-IrQXZSiLFiIsrs

The phone is on the latest firmware and Android version available from my carrier, but you are correct it is usually the problem

The issue is transferring emails( received by the phone ) by bluetooth to the X Touch which is simply acting as a GUI

As far as I have been able to establish HTC One M8 does not support MAP for emails only MMS , caller list, , contacts etc.

No doubt a future update will add this functionality particularly as it is becoming more common in cars.

Meanwhile I am taking comfort from the fact I got an iPhone user to admit my Android device does something the iPhone doesn't

;-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links