Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question About Front Grill Decal?

en8wall

Whilst looking on toyota manual site I came across instructions for "front grill decals" that go on front bumper just below fog lights.

Part no: PZ438-I0021-00

Has anyone come across them before or have pics?

I've been.looking to break up the front of.my car and these seem ideal, was also considering having whole front lip wrapped in black.

Any help greatly appreciated.

post-123592-143267401219_thumb.jpg

post-123592-143267402431_thumb.jpg

post-123592-143267403571_thumb.jpg

Those stickers don't really seem to make much of a difference, so I would be inclined to save a few quid by wrapping the front skirt yourself. Give it a go - You can always remove it if you change your mind.

Chris

iQ² ☆ black with red leather ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

Just phoned my local Mr T dealer. £21 + vat with 3 day delivery. Unfortunately they can't give me any description/picture or colour of item. Might have to try Toyota GB.

I did notice them a while back and wondered what they were like. I did think of printing the image of them onto paper at increasing scales, cutting them out and trying them for size. Once happy they fit cut them out of black vinyl I have at home then sticking them on.

I haven't seen any cars with them though so not sure if I'd like them.

Not a bad price though.

Craig.

The Scion seems to have a different front that looks worth a bit of investigation. Cheers Colin

Been in touch with Toyota GB via twitter. Decal is to fit on an accessory spoiler, not the standard car so that stops that. Gonna look on U.S.A eBay to see if they do anything scion iq related for front decals, if not I'll just consider wrapping the front lower lip.

Yep, the Scion iQ (and upmarket variants of the Toyota iQ sold through Japanese 'Netz' dealers) has a very different front bumper.

Chris

iQ² ☆ black with red leather ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

post-141159-14327481003_thumb.jpg

Does look better. Just goes to show a simple bumper change could've given the IQ a freshen up when they last had an update in 2012. Looks like a direct swap but too much aggro to contemplate. Think the wrap will be the way to go to have a big impact for little outlay.

Was a bit confused the other day when you said the stickers were to fit an accessory spoiler as there really isn't any accessory available from Toyota for the front bumper? There is a rear skirt but not front.

Easiest way to convince myself I thought was to simply make some stickers so that's what I decided to do.....

I printed the page of the fitting instructions that very conveniently shows an image of the sticker shape. I took a screen grab of the shape from the PDF document, cropped the other bits from it to make a simple image file then printed it out at various scales until I hit one that fitted just about right.

Once that was done a roll of black, satin vinyl was ordered from eBay for £6 and the shapes were transferred to that and cut out. Simple task remained last night to clean the area with meths and apply the stickers.

Not entirely convinced I like them yet but it's a bit different so I'll live with them for a while and see if they grow on me.

P.S. It looks like I have air bubbles under the stickers but they are actually stone chips in the paint underneath. Amazing how damaged the finish is on the front bumper. If you were applying the stickers for good you could sand the area underneath smooth first but if you later removed the stickers a re-paint would be needed.

If anyone fancies a set making I have the shape and a shed load of vinyl now so PM me and I'll make you some and get them in the post for a few quid.

Craig.

post-116364-0-83035700-1433231739_thumb.

post-116364-0-62571600-1433231747_thumb.

post-116364-0-04516800-1433231775_thumb.

post-116364-0-03439200-1433231784_thumb.

post-116364-0-31634300-1433231803_thumb.

Hi Craggle

I'm impressed with your ingenuity, just wish I had the time.

I think they look good and break up the front. Toyota GB must've given me duff info as they definitely fit the standard front bumper.

I'm going to pm you as id be interested if you could post me just the cut out templates. I've used gloss black vinyl on my car so the satin wouldn't go on my car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links