Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X-nav (again)

spospe

After some time using the X-Nav fitted to my 2015 Aygo, I would like to share my experiences with other users and ask for any tips, or suggestions to help overcome the irritations. The Aygo has the 'Smart Start' keyless system and has the MMT gearbox fitted.

1) The 'Nag' screen that shows up every time the X-Nav is turned on (the screen that requires a button press to confirm that I will drive safely): once was enough.

2) When held up in a jam, or waiting my turn at lengthy tempy traffic lights, I switch the engine off. The effect of this is that I have to go through the whole 'boot-up' process to turn the X-Nav back on again on engine start.

3) I like to program my sat-nav when I first get into the car and then start the engine. When using the X-Nav, starting the engine switches it off and I then have to go through the 'boot-up' process all over again. This takes time and is distracting to do when on the move (see 1 above).

Has anyone got any useful suggestions as to how to overcome the above problems?

PS 4) There is no clock display shown on the X-Nav. It shows the estimated time of arrival, but not the current time!!!

Yeah the lack of a clock is a real pain. I've moaned about it on another similar thread. Toyota aren't interested in an update to fix this blindingly obvious problem that most people who use the nav notice in the first minute.

The questions remains how such an omission got through any type of even basic design review and testing without some dev pointing out the UI failure.

The other niggles are also well documented and sorry to say not much of a workaround.

Wait until you try to read the "Now Playing" text on DAB and desperately search for the (non existent) scroll text setting.

No clock when you're on the phone screen either, despite masses of empty space along the top.

I now have the car booked in next week to my local RRG Toyota dealer for them to look at the problems and suggest solutions. I am quite sure that they will not be able to fix anything at the time, but this is the way that Toyota want things to happen before they will take the problem on board.

I will report back in due course.

I now have the car booked in next week to my local RRG Toyota dealer for them to look at the problems and suggest solutions. I am quite sure that they will not be able to fix anything at the time, but this is the way that Toyota want things to happen before they will take the problem on board.

I will report back in due course.

I admire your optimism. With the best will in the world the dealer wont be able to "fix" fundamental design issues. But it may be a way of getting lack of satisfaction back to Toyota and who knows maybe we have all missed something that your dealer can advise on!

I found Toyota customer service polite, responsive and helpful as far as they could be but ultimately unable to reassure me the issues were going to be addressed with any urgency. If enough people comment I guess there is a possibility that the 2017 Aygo might have a better, more well thought out X-Touch/Nav !

• 2 months later...

I wish there was a way to rename favourite locations in the sat nav...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links