Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Tns510 255 Track Mp3/wma Limitation

chazbli

Greetings all.

I have a TNS510 in my second hand Land Cruiser. The unit appears to be only able to play a maximum of 255 mp3s off a usb drive. The rest of the contents are simply not visible as has been noted by various members of this forum. I recently downloaded VST08907.BIN and VST08908.BIN which I believe to be firmware updates. These files were packaged with a user manual for the TNS510. In this manual it states the number of mp3s the unit can play is limited to 999 which is far better than 256 obviously.

My questions are: if I update the firmware on my unit will it raise the limit on the number of files from 256 to 999 or is these some kind of hardware limitation? Would these specific firmware updates achieve that goal? Would an update like this impact the functionality of the maps installed? Obviously I'm nervous of bricking the unit and stopping the maps functioning but the CD player doesn't work too well so it would be very useful to make better use of the USB drive.

Any suggestions or help in this regard would be much appreciated. Is there something else I could try?

Thanks a million,

Chaz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links