Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Floor Mats

SaveOurSouls

When I bought my car the dealer mentioned that Toyota no longer supply car mats as standard, is this true or is he simply spewing bs? I'll probably buy some regardless just it seems a little odd.

I suspect they've never supplied mats as standard, the dealer hopes you'll pay their inflated price for Toyota ones.

I bought mine from that well known, on-line auction site for a fraction of the price of dealer ones. The driver's side came complete with the retaining rings that lock onto the fitted clips.

My local car shop has quoted £17 although I cant believe that until I see them for myself l. Here's to hoping!

As far as I'm aware, Toyota have never supplied carpet mats as standard. Individual dealers may have included them either as standard or as part of the deal. We've bought new cars from the likes of Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Toyota and Hyundai (18 new cars) and carpet mats have never been part of the vehicle spec.

You may be able to get OE Toyota mats slightly cheaper from Toyota dealer's eBay shops or from the 'Official Toyota Store' on eBay.

Doubt whether the £17 mats will be the same spec as Toyota's.

You could also have a look at http://www.ukcarmats.co.uk - which is the retail site of Hitech (who supply OE mats to the likes of Mercedes Benz, Nissan, etc).

Ultimately it depends what you want .....

We opted not to get the mats with our new Yaris as the cost seemed a bit steep. I found some fitted mats on e-bay that were a perfet fit, even had the attachements for the drivers side to stop it sliding forward. E-bay item number 111724173323.

Seems there's some fantastic alternatives. Will be interesting as to see what the local car shop come up with.

I find they're usually a haggle item when buying a car. I hate carpet mats tho' so tend to go for rubber mats...

I find they're usually a haggle item when buying a car. I hate carpet mats tho' so tend to go for rubber mats...

I'll know for next time, I did manage to get a space saver so I was quite happy with that.

Yeah, so many details to think about when buying a car; You need a checklist! That said, your space saver's a way better deal than some mats :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, so many details to think about when buying a car; You need a checklist! That said, your space saver's a way better deal than some mats :lol:

lol that is true. If I ever have a flat I'll think of the money I have saved on not having to buy a new tyre.

lol that is true. If I ever have a flat I'll think of the money I have saved on not having to buy a new tyre.

As long as you remember to keep it inflated. 60 PSI soon starts going down and then you find you've got a flat spare when you need it - how do I know this.............................................................?

Thinking I'll stick a pump in the boot, unfortunately the dealership put up a fight in regards to getting the puncture repair kit (it includes an electric pump). Looking back I wish I had put up more of a fight as its good as an extra precaution.

I received mats as standard, but wasn't told I would be, so had ordered some upgraded ones. But they sharp took the originals back out when the car went back for all the bits that were ordered but never install pre-delivery.

Thinking I'll stick a pump in the boot, unfortunately the dealership put up a fight in regards to getting the puncture repair kit (it includes an electric pump). Looking back I wish I had put up more of a fight as its good as an extra precaution.

Some owners whose puncture repair sealant has either been used or reached its expiry date, have bought the following - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slime-1800330-Repair-Automobile-Dispensor/dp/B003QHY000/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1453850378&sr=8-5&keywords=Car+tyre+puncture+repair+kit

• Like 1

When I bought mine I got a full sized 'steely' from a base model as a spare ,IMHO all cars should have a proper spare but here's my my question, if a full sized wheel fits the wheel well how does a space saver save space?

Think the space saver originated in the US, and for some cars it did save space and weight. In Europe, certainly in recent years, the weight consideration became more important, which is why some manufacturers did away with supplying a spare tyre, and provided a compressor and repair fluid.

My brother has just bought a new Mondeo which is a BIG car it comes with a full sized spare on a lightweight steel wheel so is still restricted to 50 MPH ,seriously how much difference can it make!

The speed restriction is probably more to do with what tyre is fitted.

1 hour ago, Neil robertsin said:

When I bought mine I got a full sized 'steely' from a base model as a spare ,IMHO all cars should have a proper spare but here's my my question, if a full sized wheel fits the wheel well how does a space saver save space?

I considered doing that, but because the 'steely' (from a one litre base model) is  a different sized wheel and tyre and not an option on my 1.3 Icon I thought it may have insurance implications in the event of an accident. I coughed up for the space saver, which is a listed option.

Mine takes a 175/55 15 and a 'steely' was readily available (wasn't this thread about mats) My brother's spare tyre is exactly the same as the others it's just the wheel that's different.

On 1/31/2016 at 10:28 AM, Neil robertsin said:

My brother has just bought a new Mondeo which is a BIG car it comes with a full sized spare on a lightweight steel wheel so is still restricted to 50 MPH ,seriously how much difference can it make!

So just to confirm then, its not a full size, its a space saver if a steelie with a speed restriction - even if it is the same diameter.

Nope,it's full size width and diameter with the same tyre it's just thinner steel than a normal wheel to save weight.Read the second post on this.http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=100321

Edited by Neil robertsin
Additional information

On 2/2/2016 at 9:25 PM, Neil robertsin said:

Nope,it's full size width and diameter with the same tyre it's just thinner steel than a normal wheel to save weight.Read the second post on this.http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=100321

If that is the case then it wouldn't be speed limited, so there must be a space saver element somewhere - thinner steel would appear to be it in this case, in which case its a space saver in my opinion - it can't be used as a direct replacement endlessly for example.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links