Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

help for oldies

help for oldies

I have 2007 avensis. problem i have is with fluctuating idle speed changeing from 800 down to 500 then up to 1000.is only solution to take it to main dealer.

Hello Mary - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Post moved to the Avensis club.

Hi Mary

You can choose where you want to take it.  Many independant mechanics have the same facilities as a Toyota dealer and will probably be able to help you.  On the other hand Toyota dealers may cost more but do offer pleasant waiting areas, courtesy cars etc.

The decision is entirely yours.  If you know somebody locally who can recommend a mechanic that is probably as good a place as any to start.  You can have a chat with the mechanic first to get a sense of reassurance - you don't have to commit to any repair work.  Discuss the problem, get a feel for how much it might cost.  If you are unsure, try another mechanic or chat toyota.

Your are the customer and the good mechanics will want to look after you - partly because they would like you to come back to them in the future.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links