Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 D4D wont start after being stalled

Dannyk83

Hi Guys

My dad has a 2003 Rav4 3dr D4D and he is having trouble that once stalled it wont restart for about 5 mins. The car starts and runs and drives fine. The issue started a little while ago after the car was written off by mu mum hitting a Merc up the back. Dad bought it back and rebuilt it with a new front end. Not long after that mum was sat in traffic and she stalled and it wouldn't restart it turned over slower than normal (although never was never that fast) it was left for about 5 mins poss more and then started fine. We could then hear a metallic noise when reved under load. Dad initially though that the alternator was at fault poss being twisted and then when hot seizing up. After some digging it was the Turbo at fault so that was replaced along with all the pipes and also the oil pick up as we found whilst doing the turbo that dent in the sump was against this and there was a big carbon build up also the earth to the srarter was renewed and this helped the car turn over better. Anyway after all this the car has always run and drove fine but when stalled wont restart until it has been left for at least 5 mins poss more. Has anyone else experienced this? It has been suggested to me that it might be the fuel cut off switch???!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links