Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Sat Nav

BigAl1951

I find the Sat Nav in my Prius T-Spirit (2013) very, very difficult to operate. This is probably due to the documentation supplied. Unfortunately this is an online document in pdf format. Trouble is you never have it with you when you need it ie. in the car. Why oh why could they not have a printed manual?

The second difficulty is that the manual I have downloaded from the Toyota site seems to refer to a completely different unit to mine (even though I had to give model and year information when downloading). The biggest problem is that it refers to screen icons that simply do not exist on my sat nav. Most often it tells me to press the "menu" icon whilst the map screen is displayed. There is no "menu" icon on my unit when the map screen is displayed. Most instructions are therefore useless as the fail at the initial stage. This is terribly frustrating! If Toyota insist on saving money by issuing documents in this format then surely they should ensure that they are accurate.

My vehicle is a 2013 Prius T-Spirit (63 reg). I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could provide a link to a document that actually refers to the unit in my car. It's just a shame that Toyota don't seem to be able to do that. The pdf I have is: 

PRIUS (EE) NAVI 47720E
14.02.07 11:09

Thanks in advance.

On the Toyota site there are usually two or three choices of nav unit for each car, shown by a picture of the screen, are you sure you have downloaded the correct one ?

Also some the screens and options on the unit differ from the manuals after the system has been updated, so the manual is only up to date when the system came out.

The menu icon you refer to is probably the button besides the screen, not an icon on the screen.

The Toyota nav systems are not very intuitive or user friendly at all and it takes a while to learn them, but once learned they do have many useful features.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links