Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stain on paintwork

unimark

Hi all. First time visitor to the forum. Picked up my very first car on Wednesday (new Yaris Hybrid). Gave it a good look over before I drove all happy. 

I drive it into work this morning and see a stain that I think is just dirty rain water. Get a warm wet micro fibre cloth and it won't budge. Any ideas what it is and what I can do to shift it? 

I have minor damage insurance if I need the professionals to look at it. 

Thanks! 

IMG_1221.jpg

Hello Mark - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

As it is a new car and you've just picked it up, take it back to the supplying dealer for them to sort - under warranty if need. Don't get a third party involved.

Thanks for the replies. I'm taking it in this week. I've let them know about it. Might be difficult to prove it was there on day 1 but I'll try my best. 

Given the fact you've only had the car since Wednesday, you shouldn't have to prove it was there when you picked the car up. Any dealer worth their salt will sort it without a problem.

For example, a week after we picked up our 2012 i20, we noticed a scratch on the driver's door behind the exterior door handle - presumably done by someone wearing a ring. At the time neither of us wore rings. The dealer arranged for the scratch to be sorted by their minor repairs contractor. Couldn't tell it had been repaired.

Hi all. Just back from the dealer and they worked out it was tree sap. They recalled it was parked under a tree before I picked it up. Polished the stain out with no issue. Even gave it a quick once over clean too for good measure. All good! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links