Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hiace 2000 2.7 petrol- Air Con -How much gas?

blackbess

Can Anyone tell me correct spec ??      Hiace campervan,  year 2000,  2.7 l.  Petrol  ex.Jap import.  Its a Power van type ,with front and rear air con,

Read up online,seems average amount for Toyota vans is 500g-900g. One thread said ,correct amount is on a sticker under bonnet (but it says 120g !!)

Took it to Setyres for regas of the air con. Unfortunately being an import ,was not on the database of regas machine. So they put 120g in  !!  Saying if I get more info, they will correct it for me.

One place said same as a previa, Another said ,use the sight glass,when no bubbles its done !!  One said 120g is top up spec !! Another said there's a rear system and a front system !!

Called toyota and various UK Importers,but still not got a definite figure. Can you Help.

On 28/06/2016 at 1:30 PM, blackbess said:

Can Anyone tell me correct spec ??      Hiace campervan,  year 2000,  2.7 l.  Petrol  ex.Jap import.  Its a Power van type ,with front and rear air con,

Read up online,seems average amount for Toyota vans is 500g-900g. One thread said ,correct amount is on a sticker under bonnet (but it says 120g !!)

Took it to Setyres for regas of the air con. Unfortunately being an import ,was not on the database of regas machine. So they put 120g in  !!  Saying if I get more info, they will correct it for me.

One place said same as a previa, Another said ,use the sight glass,when no bubbles its done !!  One said 120g is top up spec !! Another said there's a rear system and a front system !!

Called toyota and various UK Importers,but still not got a definite figure. Can you Help.

Can any help? Year 2000 , air con regas question

Short answer is...I don't know.

I had my 3 litre V6 Estima re-gassed as part of the deal when I bought it so I've no idea what quantity went in...but I can tell you it's cold.!!!! (mine has front and rear air-con too)

Under the bonnet on mine there is a sticker relating to the air-con gas..and the figure of 880g appears on it...but as the bit before it is Japanese, I can't really say what that actually means or refers to....but it does sit within your suggested figure of 500-900g.

Neil

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links