Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question on tires and other accessories

vkaps

Hello

I need some help as I have bought my first car - Toyota Yaris Hybrid. I had some questions around the normal maintenance

Tires - The manual specifies the pressure for different tire sizes. How can I find out the tire size for my car.

Apart from the below is there anything I need to check on a regular level:

-Engine Oil 

-Brake fluid

-Coolant

-Liquid for wiper

Sorry if this appears a dumb question but I better be safe than sorry. Thank you

All the servicing details should be in your owners manual, but you can always pop into the mail dealer to get the info for service intervals,tyre pressures sometimes are on a sticker on the side of the doors or on the bottom of the door frame. Also don't get taken in by the name of the tyre people and pay over the odds for tyres, I have a corolla and a yaris and over the years I have used tyres such as Falken 914's Toyo CF2's Hankook k115's, I buy all my tyres off blackcycle get them delivered to my house then pop to my local tyres fitters to put them on as non of my tyre places round here can't match the prices of blackcircle.

I've also used all the above tyres in the dry and wet on the road and on the track as I do sprinting in both cars and I not hit the barrier yet lol

As regards the owners manual, you will have the abbreviated version - you can download an electronic version of the full manual from My Toyota.

Hi V, look at the side wall of your tyres and you can see what size you have fitted. A set of numbers for eg 205/55/15, where  205 is the width of the tyre, 55 is the side wall height, and 15 is the inner diameter of the tyre and the wheel rim size.

2 hours ago, Bomber209 said:

55 is the side wall height,

It's the aspect ratio. The height of the sidewall expressed as a percentage of the width of the tyre.

Yes, sometimes it is confusing in the user manual, because it contains information from different versions of the same vehicle. The best is to check the specs on your tire walls to make sure that you are using the correct pressure, and I presume that your wheels are factory alloy+standard tyres. The rule of thumb is that larger/wider tyres needs less pressure and vice versa. As for the other things (except the wiper screen wash), if you service your car regularly at a proper garage, they should not run out unless there is some sort of leakages in the system. In case of low coolant/engine oil (correct me if I am wrong), one of your many warning lights will light up to let you know about the problem.

Bathtub Hi, I agree with you but I was trying to simplify things for 'V'.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links