Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris p1 Tsport stereo upgrade?

Chopsy

Hi,

I'm looking for any suggestions for getting the standard audio system upgraded (p1 tsport) for use with an iphone/bluetooth connection.

Any pointers to good after-market replacement or add-ons greatly appreciated.

Ta.

There's basically 2 option:

1) You can get third-party modules that pretend and plug into the CD-Changer port of the built-in radio that can then plug into an iPod/phone/bluetooth device.

I have one made by xcarlink which I use for aux/USB/SD card and it works okay; Other ones are made by Grom Audio and Connects2 - They are pricey for what they are tho'.

2) The other alternative is to put a standard radio, but this is a bit of a PITA in the Yaris. I don't think you can replace the integrated radio with a third-party unit, but the 'coin tray' slot at the bottom just happens to be the right size for one and you can fit a single DIN unit there.

You will need an ISO adapter to convert the proprietary Toyota plugs into standard ones that will fir a normal radio, and you will probably lose the ability to use the steering wheel controls if you have them (Although rumour has it there is an adaptor for that too!)

Thanks for the reply Cyker.

I went for option 2 and got a JVC rd871bt - I got a great deal and they sorted it in 20 mins and fitted perfectly in the lower tray.

It has the bluetooth and mic setup too - perfect for what I needed, really transformed things for me.

Cheers for the suggestions.

• Like 1

Nice! :)

It's nice when someone who knows what they're doing has to do the fiddly bits!! ;)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links