Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Useless rear mud flaps

CRUNCHER

Hi Everyone , I have the 2010 Rav4 fitted with rear mud flaps , but weather as it is today ( damp/foggy ) on returning from a short trip the rear door is covered in muck !!

Has anyone got any ideas on how i can reduce the amount of spray etc that covers the rear door ( looks terrible on a black Rav ) ie fix extra length of rubber to the flaps  ? 

Any ideas would be welcome, sure i'm not the only one to have this problem !!!!

We've had front and rear mudflaps fitted to all of our new cars (19), and although they reduce the amount of road dirt plastering the rear, they don't eradicate the issue.

Possibly something like Rainex or similar may help - making it more difficult for dirt to stick?

Many thanks, a problem that can not be solved !!! Good piece of information to many 

On 12/3/2016 at 2:27 PM, CRUNCHER said:

Hi Everyone , I have the 2010 Rav4 fitted with rear mud flaps , but weather as it is today ( damp/foggy ) on returning from a short trip the rear door is covered in muck !!

It is front mudflaps which reduce muck onto the rear door, as the muck is thrown up by the front wheels.

EDIT:  Unless you are going in reverse, but then, to protect the rear door, you would want the mudflaps on the front of the rear wheel well :wink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links