Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My petrol Toyota Auris 2008 1.6 full tank range only 290 miles?

caruser

Hi,

I can't remember what my full tank range for Toyota Auris 2008 1.6 Petrol range was but I put it on full tank twice recently and it only showed about 290 miles range when I fill it up.

It seems a little low?

I can't remember but previously I thought it was around 400 miles but really not sure.

Does the above number sound normal?

I find the range display on mine hopelessly pessimistic, it's always shown around 100 miles less than the true calculated figure for a full tank. I think the reason is that it counts down to the 'reserve' level in the tank, rather than totally empty as such. I just ignore it! 

It calculates the range using your average mpg, if it's low it'll show a shorter range.  Try resetting the average mpg when driving with a light foot on open roads to get your average up, then see what range is displayed.

19 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

I find the range display on mine hopelessly pessimistic, it's always shown around 100 miles less than the true calculated figure for a full tank. I think the reason is that it counts down to the 'reserve' level in the tank, 

This & reserve is probably ~9l.

How do I reset mpeg? Sorry I am not sure how to do it with this car.

On our 2011 Auris (I'd assume your model year to be similar) use the steering wheel buttons to scroll through the menu until ave mpg is displayed, then press and hold the centre of the button for a couple of seconds.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links