Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Welcome All

KennyKen1988

Hello All,

I'm a new member, I have recently purchased a 2002 Corolla T Sport on 105k miles so I thought it best to join a forum or two so I can look into maintenance and learn what I can.

My car is by no means perfect, it's red and suffering from lacquer peel on the roof, but other than this the car seems mechanically excellent. I've only had the car two weeks and driven it a few times, but I'm very impressed with the 2ZZ engine. I've only owned one other car being an EK4 VTI-S and I did plan on saving for an EP3 Type R, though to be honest I really like the Corolla more now as it draws no attention and it's refreshing to drive something different.

So far I've just had a good look over the car and these are the only niggles I've found:

Slight rattle from the header/manifold heat-shield sometimes.

The paintwork...

The alarm went off the other evening for no reason, not sure why but there is a little play in the bonnet sensor so it might of been me dropping the bonnet too hard ?

Bit of rust on the boot-lid release area.

The rear windows washer is not outputting anything ? Maybe it's blocked up or it's failed ?

On cylinder four or the cylinder closest to the air filter side the Denso coil has a hairline crack down the cylinder shaped moulding plastic, it functions perfectly but I'm a bit worried if the voltage decided to go anywhere other that too the plug !? Should I change this asap ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only things I've done so far is taken all the rear interior out (mostly to avoid me becoming some kind of taxi).

Oil and Filter change done regardless, Castrol Edge 5W-40 and a K&N HP-1003 Oil Filter.

Hello Kenny - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thank you Frosty.

I think my next plans will be replacing the coil, and new lift bolts. I've seen some forums selling Titanium ones from time to time are they available on here through anyone ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links